Pannier rack for road bike without eyelets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dreamer21

Any advice I would like to be able to ride a road bike in but want to fit a pannier rack so I can carry my work laptop in without it going on my back. Would like any advice or best way to get pannier rack without damaging or drilling holes into the bike.

rowdin

Terence david

I have a trek skewer rack on my trek roadie, works a treat but is limited to something like 20kg....more than enough for what I want to carry!

vickster

Legendary Member
Any rack attached with p clips...unless it's a carbon bike...then either beam rack (note quite strict weight limits which need to include the bag) or seatcollar attachment could work

Or get a Carradice with the seat post attachment thingy @jefmcg for details :smile:

OP
OP
D

Dreamer21

Any rack attached with p clips...unless it's a carbon bike...then either beam rack (note quite strict weight limits which need to include the bag) or seatcollar attachment could work

Or get a Carradice with the seat post attachment thingy @jefmcg for details :smile:

With these beam racks I was online and the guy from wiggle and he was saying that the bike rack is to go with the rack it is made for is this true or can you just pick the correct bag?

vickster

Legendary Member
Would you have to put a special bag on this rack?

I want carry my laptop in which is under about 1.5 kg has any one stuck laptop on these kind of pannier rack?

Thanks for your help
Yes, you need the bag that slides on. These are great, will do exactly what you need, just beware how much weight you add in addition to the weight of the bag. Note, can't use the beam racks on a carbon seat post

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Bike-Bac...9916&sr=8-2&keywords=topeak+mtx+exp+trunk+bag

OP
OP
D

Dreamer21

Yes, you need the bag that slides on. These are great, will do exactly what you need, just beware how much weight you add in addition to the weight of the bag. Note, can't use the beam racks on a carbon seat post

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Bike-Bac...9916&sr=8-2&keywords=topeak+mtx+exp+trunk+bag
If I change my seat post to a different one will di2 fit the same way or would I need to change the clamps inside the seat post is there any way of checking with out buying and trial and error?

vickster

Legendary Member
If I change my seat post to a different one will di2 fit the same way or would I need to change the clamps inside the seat post is there any way of checking with out buying and trial and error?
No idea, why don't you ask your LBS :smile: Is the bike carbon?

Top Bottom