Panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cockney Scot

Just ordered the Carradice CarraDry Front panniers, and matching Carradice CarraDry Rear panniers from Evans cycles, next will be the Altura Orkney Bar bag which should match.
I did look at the Ortlieb range and yes they looked good but couldnt see what you were getting for the extra money.

Randochap

Senior hunter
delt1c said:
I did look at the Ortlieb range and yes they looked good but couldnt see what you were getting for the extra money.

Dry gear.

Cockney Scot

Randochap said:
Dry gear.
Caradice Caradry is 100% waterproof as well, reports on line seem good so gear should still be dry, saying that I wouldnt put my sleeping kit or clothes stright into any bags, all will be sealed in dry bags first. Belt and braces practice.

Crankarm

Guru
delt1c said:
Just ordered the Carradice CarraDry Front panniers, and matching Carradice CarraDry Rear panniers from Evans cycles, next will be the Altura Orkney Bar bag which should match.

These ones delt1c?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/carradice/front-panniers-ec011401

They look good. Evans also say they are 100% waterproof - seam sealed and made from 600 denier polyester and reinforced PVC nylon very similar or the same as Vaude and Ortlieb so you should not have any probs keeping your gear dry :becool:.

Randochap

Senior hunter
delt1c said:
Caradice Caradry is 100% waterproof as well, reports on line seem good so gear should still be dry, saying that I wouldnt put my sleeping kit or clothes stright into any bags, all will be sealed in dry bags first. Belt and braces practice.

I wasn't necessarily casting aspersions on Carradice bags. I own Carradice saddle bags, including one I've had for 32 years. I also agree "double-bagging" important gear is smart.

The Ortliebs are very good panniers as well. All spare parts are readily available.

Cockney Scot

Well after waiting nearly 3 weeks still no sign of the caaradice carradry bags arriving, still on back order. So I have bitten the bullet and ordered a set of Ortlieb Bike Packer Plus from Evans Cycles, only had them in red but thats not a problem, they are on the rear so I dont see them. checked they are in stock. Hopefully they will be as good as everyone on here has said . Hope so as the rears whilst I got them for £99.99 are nearly as expensive as a full set of front and rears. Next thing is to get a front set of panniers for the summer, but its time to save again. Just got the Artlieb orkney Handlebar bag as well.

Cockney Scot

Picked up a bargain today (at least think so) got a set of Ortlieb Front roller Clasics for £67.50 from Cycle surgery, and they are red so will match the rears. Just fitted them and added advantage is that they can also fit on the rear when I dont need the large panniers.

Top Bottom