Panorama: The Truth About Sports Products

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
Blimey that took me ages to read...

Trevrev

Veteran
The shoe part was spot on - you simply don't need these unnatural overly cushioned shoes for running. They positively encorage a poor gait and long term injury. The minimalist footwear of the athletes of yesteryear were and are much more fit for purpose and long term joint health..

I've moved away from "Proper" running shoes. I'm now using Minimalist footwear. I'm finding them so much better to run in. They just seem more natural.
But it's early days, so we'll see. But so far so good!

albion

Guru
"1 25g serving of impact whey protein, A pint of ASDA semi skimmed is 49p .
ASDA chicken breast.
That is £109.50 - £178.85 and £365 per year respectively."

Best to compare like with like so if you go the powder route you can get £109.50 versus £50
Go a more natural food route and it is as low as £109.50 versus £4

Obviously for a realistic quantity that would be £547.50 of supplements versus £20 spent on protein eating natural food.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
"1 25g serving of impact whey protein, A pint of ASDA semi skimmed is 49p .
ASDA chicken breast.
That is £109.50 - £178.85 and £365 per year respectively."

Best to compare like with like so if you go the powder route you can get £109.50 versus £50
Go a more natural food route and it is as low as £109.50 versus £4

Obviously for a realistic quantity that would be £547.50 of supplements versus £20 spent on protein eating natural food.
Um. What?

musa

Über Member
water and good food is really all you need you just need the effort and time really

quick fixes are the thing of the free wondering mind lucozade is not helping you its full of sugar so I learnt in Biology

T.M.H.N.E.T

That means you are paying up to 30+ times more by buying supplements compared to simply popping down the supermarket and choosing real protein enriched food.

I never watched the show but can only guess I'm confirming much of what was said.
How did you arrive at 30+ times more? Clearly you need to watch the documentary and learn how to count.

Trevrev

Veteran
Which shoes are you wearing now? I've gone from high range New Balance motion control ones to a pair of el cheapo Keen ones I picked up in the US and I don't see any difference to be honest.

I've gone from wearing high end Brooks, to New Balance MT10 Minimus. I think they're great. I wear them with no socks, so comfy.

albion

Guru
Try it for yourself next time you visit the supermaket.

It's dead easy to multiply protein intake many times whilst actually reducing food casts.
The main sacrifice will be avoiding eating too many pizzas.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Try it for yourself next time you visit the supermaket.

It's dead easy to multiply protein intake many times whilst actually reducing food casts.
The main sacrifice will be avoiding eating too many pizzas.
I'm pretty sure that nobody will actually be able to understand what point you're trying to make. And again, you've arrived at whatever it is you have and have still managed to completely misquote my post.

Top Bottom