Parenting..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah yes, I remember those days well.

Enjoy them while they're young as before you know it they're all grown up. My boys are 20 and 22, still my babies mind.

Maz

Guru
Two of my 3 are now teens...I need to get a second TV !! Pronto!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
...it's really bloody difficult isn't it!?
Worth it though :smile:

Observations from today:

2. Sleep apparently is something that happens to other people.
Heard of it ,its good apparantly ...

3. There's not enough Sudocrem in the world when it comes to dicky tummy induced nappy rash. I think there could be a market to supply it by the barrel so I could just dip his entire lower half in it.

4. We're on our 3rd diagnosis (a virus) in as many weeks from the GP. I think I'll just take a dart board next time, 20 possible diagnosis options, nothing in this game for 2 in a bed, non-darts player to throw first.
Calpol for anything !

5. Tonight's curry with the other dads from the NCT group is going to have to seriously impress to take the edge off today.
Whats an NCT ? , googled and the nearest event is 30 odd miles away and no dads night GGRRR !!

I can't believe I was ever fool enough to think, "seriously, how hard can it be.."

OP
OP
paddy01

paddy01

NCT - http://www.nct.org.uk/

The local ante-natal class provision is patchy at best so we signed up for and paid to join a course (8 weekly sessions) with the NCT lot. Us and 7 other sets of first time parents.

Tonights dads curry organised by me, it's only taken 9 months to organise, whereas the mums met weekly for 9 months after all the births..:smile:

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Sudocrem is the devils sperm when it comes to Nappy Rash it will neither cure it nor soothe it but merely seal it in to flare up later. My advice as a Dad of twins is to get yourself to Boots and ask for Metonium cream. It comes in a yellow tube and is quite simply the best. I haven't read the other posts as I am on the phone but the only other thing I will say is use Fairy Non Bio or better yet Filleti washing powder from Sainsburys for baby soft skin. Me Dad first Decorator second.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Just to add to my last post being a Daddy is the best thing in the world. It was the making of me and gave me the meaning of life. Embrace it fully and cherish every second you get to spend with your chil dren forgetting nothing. Snot and pooey nappies are all a part of the magic. They grow so fast. Don't wish any of it away and enjoey every moment. Nuff said.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
NCT - http://www.nct.org.uk/

The local ante-natal class provision is patchy at best so we signed up for and paid to join a course (8 weekly sessions) with the NCT lot. Us and 7 other sets of first time parents.

Tonights dads curry organised by me, it's only taken 9 months to organise, whereas the mums met weekly for 9 months after all the births..:smile:

Signing up for NCT classes (for the socials as much as anything else) is the only advice I give friends who tell me with a serene glint in their eye that they are about to step into what they think are the calm waters of parenthood. Anything else might sound like advice but in reality would be black humour based on my experiences.

It might sound dramatic, but parenthood has given me the strongest reason to be out of anything in my life. In fact it's a bit part of why cycle and try to stay fit.

Sandra6

Veteran
I was going to mention the metanium cream, magical stuff for serious nappy rash but not so multi-purpose as sucocrem -which works on spots on the face when they become teens!
"It's only a phase" has to become your mantra so that you can survive! Every phase ends. Of course, then a new phase begins, but hey ho you can't have everything.
I'm told they leave home eventually.

Doseone

Guru
Mine are thankfully beyond the sudocrem stage, but I had a great reminder a couple of weekends ago. I was in the loo at my cousins when one of his little ones came flying through the door wailing "all the poo has come out". I said "hang on I'll go and get your dad" to which he looked up at me and said "no, I want you to help me":rolleyes:. It was a full squitty job which required a complete shower and hose down. Lovely.

My own kids (9 & 12) have driven me to start 2 new internet ventures www.swapkidsfordogs.com and www.cashforkids.com

OP
OP
paddy01

paddy01

Sudocrem is the devils sperm when it comes to Nappy Rash it will neither cure it nor soothe it but merely seal it in to flare up later. My advice as a Dad of twins is to get yourself to Boots and ask for Metonium cream. It comes in a yellow tube and is quite simply the best. I haven't read the other posts as I am on the phone but the only other thing I will say is use Fairy Non Bio or better yet Filleti washing powder from Sainsburys for baby soft skin. Me Dad first Decorator second.

Ah yes, we discovered this magical elixir yesterday, I cannot believe how much it's helped. Bedtime tonight sounded slightly less like the oncoming of the apocalypse than it did yesterday. :smile:

OP
OP
paddy01

paddy01

Signing up for NCT classes (for the socials as much as anything else) is the only advice I give friends who tell me with a serene glint in their eye that they are about to step into what they think are the calm waters of parenthood. Anything else might sound like advice but in reality would be black humour based on my experiences.

It might sound dramatic, but parenthood has given me the strongest reason to be out of anything in my life. In fact it's a bit part of why cycle and try to stay fit.

Yup, we've both said the NCT group was much more valuable for the camaraderie of the fellow inmates.. there's nothing like 16 outwardly professional people, meeting in a scout hut and trying to convince each other it'll be fine for forging bonds :smile:

The course itself was some use, but meeting up with the other parents after the births and swapping war stories over tea and cake has definitely kept us sane!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Yup, we've both said the NCT group was much more valuable for the camaraderie of the fellow inmates.. there's nothing like 16 outwardly professional people, meeting in a scout hut and trying to convince each other it'll be fine for forging bonds :smile:

The course itself was some use, but meeting up with the other parents after the births and swapping war stories over tea and cake has definitely kept us sane!

The funniest part of the course was spending time on a birthing plan, to which I can say HA farkING HA!

Top Bottom