Parenting..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have three kids under 9 and the oldest ( has special needs) is still in nappies, so I dream of the day he gets to stop using them (he's smaller than my 5-year old boy), and yes, he still gets explosive upset tummies that me n the wife call a 6-wipes job.

Talking about my younger one, sent him n his 7-yr old sister to bed the other night and I followed them up to tuck in n say goodnight and I heard them both chuckling.
I went into the bathroom to the picture of my daughter sitting tinkling and my son standing in front of her tinkling into the same toilet. They thought it was hilarious!

Sleep? Trying to remember at, lie-ins?, I dream of 07:00 lie-ins

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Son #1 is 9 and already getting mood swings..
son #2 is 5 and doing the tantrums atm which is fun, he's learning he can't really get it all his own way and really not liking it.

parenthood can be brill, it can also be brutal, but mostly its brill, when its hard going it won't feel like it tho.
also on the subject of funny tummy's when son#1 was about 2 we all have a gastro bug, he got it first and was bad! until i had children i had never known the experience of catching vomit... i can now say i am a pro.
anyhoo, me and the missus were really bad with this and my dad took son#1 for the day whilst we tried to get some sleep and not die horribly as son#1 was recovering well and we were feeling like we'd been run over.
he came back from my dads happy enough until at 1am he's in his room crying, i go in and there's this smell...
you know its leaked out of his nappy, except son#1 used to sleep with his bum in the air so its not only leaked out, it in fact has filled most of his sleep suit.
straight into the bath, shower on, strip and hose. then throw out sleep suit and sheets (rubber mattress cover, lifesaver)
turns out my dad had fed him cottage pie that day, despite us saying to give him plain foods....
i still have occasional bouts of PTSD and sleepless nights...
bepanthen cream is one we got on well with both our lads when they had nappy rash btw, good stuff.

one which still has me guessing to this day is infacol. its a white substance, we fed son#1 milk, this is also as we all know white. why then when he reacted to it did he vomit bright orange and stain to the point of having to throw out his babygrow, bib and my pants?

don't worry btw, you get your lie ins back when they get old enough to work the tv and make cereal! hehe,

When does the costing money phase end?
T'aint a phase! Sorry!

PpPete

Legendary Member
Nothing compares with the sheer terror of handing over the car keys when they've passed their driving test.... and not because you are scared of what they might do to the car.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
my (almost) 2 year old scared the life out of me yesterday night! just starting his bedtime routine with brushing his teeth and he decides to leg it and do a super man down the stairs! i wasnt fast enough to catch him, just saw him bouncing!

luckily a bump on the head and a nosebleed is all that happed but jesus did t shake me up!! today he was being his usual joker self and running around the hospital call grandad on every chair leg, commando crawling and generally being a menace!! gotta love the little tyke.

Top Bottom