Park workstands - worth the premium?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cool_hand

Über Member
Take it back - you don't like it now and probably never will. :smile:
My neighbour came over to take a look and we discussed some ways of addressing the rotation by enhancing the grip around the tube. It can probably be improved by using a BODGE JOB™. Beggars can't be choosers.

Dadam

Mine has a smooth finish on the tubes except they’re painted a light grey. I haven’t noticed the rotation being too bad if you tighten the clamping knob well

Gunk

Guru
I also have bench mounted stand, perfect for building up a bare frame and keeps the bike out of the way if like me space is tight.

IMG_0837.jpeg

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I’ve got a Feedback Pro Stand. It’s maybe 6 or 7 years old and built like an offcut of the Tyne bridge. It’s good, but it’s not perfect. I’m not especially keen on the way the wheel axle mount clamps to the main horizontal bar and it’ll have your fingers in plaster if you close it with your hands in the wrong place. I’ve just checked the current price and I didn’t pay that!

Mike_P

Guru
I need to find a BODGE JOB™ for my Lidl one which too readily rotates in the wind that is too prevailing most days across my yard. Means that most bike jobs get undertaken with a chain stay prop or inverted with the bars and saddle sat on padding.

cool_hand

Über Member
Planet X has a similar looking stand to the ALDI but with 4 legs priced at £24.99.
It's called the JOBSWORTH.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Planet X has a similar looking stand to the ALDI but with 4 legs priced at £24.99.
It's called the JOBSWORTH.
It’s Planet X , wait a few weeks it will be £19.99 or even £14.99 . But as it’s PX it maybe £49.99.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
So... six months later and I regretted missing the PCS-10.3 at £190; having moved too slowly and allowing stock to run dry before I pulled my finger out.

I did recently stumble across a couple of good deals though - the best being £189 (£199 with 5% popup discount) delivered from bikeparts.co.uk so I've bagged one of these.

Tredz are also listing them at £199 and a fiver off if you subscribe to their marketing emails..

Hopefully this might be of use to anyone else on the fence. I'm sick of trying to work on bikes when they're propped up against stuff so I'm really looking forward to finally getting a decent workstand :smile:

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
So... six months later and I regretted missing the PCS-10.3 at £190; having moved too slowly and stock running dry.

I did recently stumble across a couple of good deals though - the best being £189 (£199 with 5% popup discount) delivered from bikeparts.co.uk so I've bagged one of these.

Tredz are also listing them at £199 and a fiver off if you subscribe to their marketing emails..

Hopefully this might be of use to anyone else on the fence. I'm sick of trying to work on bikes when they're propped up against stuff so I'm really looking forward to finally getting a decent workstand :smile:

they are a mega bit of kit, but for occasional use at home a bit overkill, my budget Decathlon stand has been brilliant, never felt I needed anything more substantial, I’ve probably restored/built over 20 bikes on it now.

IMG_1103.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
wafter

wafter

they are a mega bit of kit, but for occasional use at home a bit overkill, my budget Decathlon stand has been brilliant, never felt I needed anything more substantial, I’ve probably restored/built over 20 bikes on it now.

View attachment 708185

Cheers - you're probably right but I like nice things and hate buying; so - within limits - am happy to spend a bit more if I know that it's going to be nice to use and hopefully last longer than I do!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I have the Park Tools stand, it’s a PIA for something so expensive, I can’t swivel the clamp, keeps seizing. I bought one of the ALDI/LIDL ones for a Dixon’s tenner and use that most of the time. Excellent bit of kit for the money.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I have the Park Tools stand, it’s a PIA for something so expensive, I can’t swivel the clamp, keeps seizing. I bought one of the ALDI/LIDL ones for a Dixon’s tenner and use that most of the time. Excellent bit of kit for the money.

Now you tell me!

Top Bottom