Park workstands - worth the premium?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I bought one of the ALDI/LIDL ones for a Dixon’s tenner...
I haven't heard that expression before and Google doesn't help... Can you enlighten me? :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
£9.99. Every thing in Dixon’s used to be (or seemed it) priced ending in .99p. Eg £49.99 was a Dixon’s fifty quid etc.
Aha!

That reminds me of this...

My sister told me that a 99p shop had opened in Coventry. I thought it was a joke until she pointed it out to me. Even more stupid - I think a 98p or 97p shop opened after that.

Everyone likes a bargain, but does even the most poor person really bother about a 1p saving on something that they probably didn't even need in the first place? :wacko:

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Thanks all - I guess it it turns out to be cack it can go back...

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
The guidance on the seizing issue is interesting (thanks for the link @EltonFrog ) - they state not to use grease but to use "anti-sieze" compound.. which in my book is grease with additives (such as graphite or copper).

I know some oil-based greases can attack the plastic that the assembly is (presumably) made of; softening them and making them more prone to binding.. which is why you use inorganic / silicone greases on plastics and rubbers.

I wonder if the warning against grease is for this reason, or because the lowered friction coefficient makes it more likely for the tapers to be drawn together and stick..

Top Bottom