Parking on Zig Zags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For goodness sake. I run a business in central London. Direclt outside is double yellow as we're on a corner. It's not my fault. My customers and delivery drivers park a few meters down on the single yellow. Some don't. They're idiots.
Bad drivers park badly, it's nobody else's responsibility other than their own.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Regarding cab offices and taxis, I though they were just allowed to do what the **** they like regardless of any restrictions.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is getting silly, but I will respond to that. I'm no fan of takeaway food, but I'm struggling to think of a business that operates from a shop that doesn't have delivery drivers and sometimes customers parking outside. What business would you like to see using the shops and paying revenue to the council?

Maybe the council shouldn't grant operating licences to any business next to a crossing,and put safety before revenue? Or maybe as someone has suggested they should install cameras and watch the fines roll in,but it'll take a lot of well publicised in the media fines to get the message across to the lazy lawbreakers!

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3466351, member: 259"]Easy mistake to make!

6822725-large.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That's a terrible bit of parking. Didn't the driver see the double yellow lines?

WHAT??
Are you suggesting that they park legally and then WALK a few yards to get to their destination? :ohmy:
How very quaint and old fashioned!
Well we offer a water trough for their horses.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 3466094, member: 45"]So can I. But that would mean banning all takeaways. This dangerous activity isn't caused by the council but the dimwitted drivers. Perhaps the council should spend the first year's business rates on installing a camera. Then we can all sit back and watch the money roll in from the idiots paying voluntary fines.[/QUOTE]
You want them to declare war on the poor hard pressed motorist? Are you insane?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 3466385, member: 45"]That's right. And all that you need to accept is that the driver has chosen to park there. Other factors are irrelevant, and that driver is solely responsible.[/QUOTE]
Basically you are in favour of entrapment. ;)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Maybe the council shouldn't grant operating licences to any business next to a crossing,and put safety before revenue? Or maybe as someone has suggested they should install cameras and watch the fines roll in,but it'll take a lot of well publicised in the media fines to get the message across to the lazy lawbreakers!

So you want all buildings next to crossings to be permanently empty to excuse drivers from their responsibility to park safely and legally?

Top Bottom