Pashley Guvnor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
Difficult question I know, but I'm intrigued, what does it feel like to ride? Can you compare it with any other bike? and BTW, what's the size of the tyres?

ta

28x1.5 inches is the tyre size.
Go slowly and it has the handling characteristics of a canal barge ^_^, but get it up to speed and it bowls along nicely and niftely (is that a word?). The trigger of the shifter rattles annoyingly when the front tyre is up hard, so I tend to run it a little low, which makes the bike very smooth and silent. I have taken it up all my local hills and it's an unexpectedly very good climber and immensely stable coming down the other side fast.

bobg

Über Member
3 Guv'nors on E bay at the moment. Strange to spend all that money and sell so soon. Unless maybe for some it falls between two stools which is what some here have suggested, " love it, but what would I use it for"? No offence to recent owners on here BTW, I'm still planning a copy, although Mickles new Italian job is coming up fast on the outside ^_^

Goldie

Über Member
I see a lad riding a Roadster Sovereign the other way on my commute home every night - it is literally the most stately thing I've ever seen - like a cross between the Queen's horse drawn carriage and HMS Dreadnought. You can see cars giving it a wide birth, presumably out of a mixture of respect and fear that they might come of worse in an accident. You can tell exactly what it is from a hundred yards away, which has got to be worth the price on its own...

Top Bottom