Pashley Tricycle Wheels and Axles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Derek Holton

:bicycle:I have been reading with great interest all the posts to do with Pashley Tricycle Axles, removal, replacement and all the other issues encountered.

I can support the comments with respect to removal of the axles and wheels. I have recently after many hours of frustration removed the rear driving axle and wheel, replaced the bearings, chain and 7 speed cluster. Not an easy task but can be achieved.

I am now facing a new problems where the hubs are breaking resulting in loose spokes and buckled wheels.

Is there anyone out there that knows where I can get a REPLACEMENT PAIR of 20" wheels both the left hand screw on wheel and the right hand free running wheel.

This is for a Pashley ADD-1 tag along tricycle.
Used for about 6 years done a good number of miles across Europe and locally

Pashley?

I would have thought that you could obtain replacements via any of the Pashley Dealers

OP
OP
D

Derek Holton

Yep so did I but seems they are a special order with quite a few weeks lead time. I needed something fairly quickly

Somewhere

Formerly known as BimblingBee
Ebay/second hand? If you could get the hubs then getting them built up after would be simple and probably quite cheap, or a of better quality than original wheel?

OP
OP
D

Derek Holton

If you're in a hurry - and can't find replacement wheels I'll sell you a brand spanking NOS (New Old Stock) ADD-1 for £300.

Thanks I'll bear this in mind. Seems Pashley is closed until 2nd Jan and believe this will be a special order with what ever costs for a one off run
How old is the unit you have (thinking it may have the newer Hubs rather than the older design which tended to degenerate) whate size is it 15 or 17 inch frame and 20" wheels.

Thanks I'll bear this in mind. Seems Pashley is closed until 2nd Jan and believe this will be a special order with what ever costs for a one off run
How old is the unit you have (thinking it may have the newer Hubs rather than the older design which tended to degenerate) whate size is it 15 or 17 inch frame and 20" wheels.

I've got four of them - all red with 17" frame and 20" wheels. I know not what sort of wheels they be - old or new. I reckon they're about ten years old - but could be older.
For us a Pashley order is usually 25 working days.

Where are you based?

Top Bottom