Pavement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
And why is it not very good? It works in all the other scenarios :jogging; walking quickly; mobility scooters ; pram pushing etc. I admit those of limited intelligence may struggle to grasp the concept but hey ho
You are seriously comparing this with prams/pushchairs and people just walking.
That is such an ignorant statement; it's like, "I'm on a bike, everyone else f##k off out the way"
Don't bother replying, you're not worth the wear on my fingertips.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 2954889, member: 45"]I can't see around blind corners when I'm walking. How is that different?

Got any evidence yet?[/quote]
EVIDENCE!! You've been on about evidence for two days, are you ok?
Common sense Paulie, that's all.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
No! The question is about not riding on the pavement, not about small children. You've turned it around on children because you have no other answer.
would you prefer we talk about maiden aunts then?

You've asserted something. ALL pavement riding is ALWAYS dangerous.discourteous/inconsiderate/et cetera. Now back it up. Evidence please.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
would you prefer we talk about maiden aunts then?

You've asserted something. ALL pavement riding is ALWAYS dangerous.discourteous/inconsiderate/et cetera. Now back it up. Evidence please.
Sorry I'm having trouble breathing, because I'm laughing so much. What is this evidence you three keep banging on about?
You all know I'm right, but it's gone too far for your ego to allow a climb down.

martint235

Dog on a bike
You are seriously comparing this with prams/pushchairs and people just walking.
That is such an ignorant statement; it's like, "I'm on a bike, everyone else f##k off out the way"
Don't bother replying, you're not worth the wear on my fingertips.
No one is suggesting that cycling at 20mph down the pavement is a good idea.

I certainly (if you bothered to read) compared it to another activity of similar speed, jogging. But you can't be arsed to read.

Here's another scenario. Doris. She's real. She's in her 80s and lives in the sheltered accommodation across from me. Every Saturday Doris gets her bike out and cycles down the pavement to Lidl. She stops when necessary, she often stops just to chat to people. I doubt she ever gets above 5 miles an hour. However in Lidl she fills her panniers with her weekly shop and then cycles back. I've spoken to her quite a lot because I'm incredibly impressed she can still do this. She admits she wouldn't be able to walk with all her shopping and so her options would be to send someone else or get a mobility scooter. But she'd rather remain active.

Are you seriously suggesting that Doris mixes it with the traffic?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm an occasional trackstander. If I trackstand on the pavement... no don't bother. Perhaps just standing still on the pavement is dangerous.

Staying indoors is the future.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 2954942, member: 45"]We had a friend who did exactly the same. Doris was her name as well.[/quote]
I had an Auntie Doris. She wasn't my actual Aunt but I called her that for over forty years. Occasionally.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 2954987, member: 45"]I'm terrified of trying to get the bike from our drive to the road now, for fear that I might maim a nun.[/quote]

It's an unfortunate fact that with progress there are casualties.™

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm feeling all lonely and left out... why hasn't @Roadrider48 posted a reply to this?

where do you stand on shared use paths? or to put it another way, where do you cycle on shared use paths?

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to hear your views on this newfangled idea.

aca0473.jpg

I hope the two pedestrians survived, they seem to be clinging onto each other for dear life.

Attachments

• aca0473.jpg
    aca0473.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 54

400bhp

Guru
I'm feeling all lonely and left out... why hasn't @Roadrider48 posted a reply to this?

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to hear your views on this newfangled idea.

aca0473.jpg

I hope the two pedestrians survived, they seem to be clinging onto each other for dear life.
Sorry, but I am outraged. I am now outraged that I was sorry for my outrage.

Attachments

• aca0473.jpg
    aca0473.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom