Peak Time Pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It sounds like another way to fleece us and guarantees that they won't get my business if I've any way of avoiding it.
For supermarkets though, won't it make it difficult to advertise anything? And what about home deliveries - will my beans cost more if I put them in my basket online at peak times, even if the delivery slot is off-peak?

Freds Dad

Veteran
If this does come in I can't see them reducing prices at off peak times but they will increase them at peak times. The problem arises when people buy their sandwich at 8am on their way to work instead of at lunchtime. Does 8am then become peak time and lunchtime off peak or do they make them both peak times?

Nice thing is you have choice.
The retired have a choice, they can buy their fuel and groceries any time they like. Those working 9 til 5 Mon to Fri can only buy theirs at peak hours, so will be charged a premium for the privilege. Also we can only watch our favourite tv programmes at evening peak rates, so we will be premium priced for that too.

screenman

Legendary Member
The retired have a choice, they can buy their fuel and groceries any time they like. Those working 9 til 5 Mon to Fri can only buy theirs at peak hours, so will be charged a premium for the privilege. Also we can only watch our favourite tv programmes at evening peak rates, so we will be premium priced for that too.

You still have choice though.

screenman

Legendary Member
To eat or not!

No, to shop elsewhere, I am sure, as I said earlier you want maximum income.

classic33

Leg End Member
It sounds like another way to fleece us and guarantees that they won't get my business if I've any way of avoiding it.
For supermarkets though, won't it make it difficult to advertise anything? And what about home deliveries - will my beans cost more if I put them in my basket online at peak times, even if the delivery slot is off-peak?
Will the delivery be subject to similar? Peak time delivery being charged for, off-peak free.

classic33

Leg End Member
Is that so that they can survive and employ.
Or blatant rip-off?

How can it cost more, for them to supply the same products at different times of the day. When its only the time that differs. It'll be in the shop anyway. Much in the same way some stop sales of tobacco products & alcohol on Budget Day. Having stocked-piled in the days before.

screenman

Legendary Member
Or blatant rip-off?

How can it cost more, for them to supply the same products at different times of the day. When its only the time that differs. It'll be in the shop anyway. Much in the same way some stop sales of tobacco products & alcohol on Budget Day. Having stocked-piled in the days before.
turning

Is it though, or is it good business practise. Never heard of not selling and stock piling though, where did you get that info from?

Top Bottom