Peak Time Pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Already here - we are dual fuel with BG and have free electricity on Sunday so don't use the dishwasher on Saturday evening and do several loads of washing, incl bedding, on Sunday.

The retired have a choice, they can buy their fuel and groceries any time they like. Those working 9 til 5 Mon to Fri can only buy theirs at peak hours, so will be charged a premium for the privilege. Also we can only watch our favourite tv programmes at evening peak rates, so we will be premium priced for that too.
Why is everything geared towards the 9 to 5vers?
I work most weekends, no way I can do the week's washing on a Sunday!

classic33

Leg End Member
Sunday is a day of low power demand, it makes sense to shift some usage from high demand weekdays.
On the increase at the moment though
power usage.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
We all want high wages or incomes and low prices, it does not work. As a business owner I seldom agree on subjects like this with people who are employed.
You'd be happy charging more for the same item at what you deem to be peak rate then?

screenman

Legendary Member
You'd be happy charging more for the same item at what you deem to be peak rate then?

I do, my prices are up in March and September. Also my evening and weekend rates are higher, ever heard of time and a half?

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes the busier I am the higher the price across the board. on labour I also charge by the job not the hour, I am in business to make money, my customers all have a choice, none are held to ransom.
Increase in labour charge, not the product then.

Top Bottom