Peanut butter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Not so much the stuff in jars but groundnut ( as it's known here) soup is very popular, usually with chicken but you can do vegetarian version.
View attachment 560455
Usually eaten with Fu-fu (as here) which is pounded boiled plantain, a little like mashed potatoes.
I cook something similar with leeks, sweet potatoes, curry powder, spinach and dollops of PB. Proper comfort food.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Peanut butter and banana sandwich is my fav.
Add a little honey and then put it in a sandwich toaster :hungry:

It's the food of the devil, and once you know how it's made, no thank you ^_^

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

In the current crisis I’ve gone old school ,saddlebag with sandwich‘s .peanut butter and jam . ( I will try with marmalade) This has got to be my current favourite . But where in Yorkshire are the peanut groves

winjim

Smash the cistern
Our local zero waste* shop has a peanut butter machine so we go and grind our own. It's a bit of fun for the kids.

*yes I know it's not zero waste.

lane

Veteran
Many years ago a friend of mine told me a peanut butter sandwich was a complete meal (nutritionally). The quantity he was eating when he told me this I really couldn't argue.

nagden

Über Member
Can't get enough of peanut butter. I stopped it for a while because I had a problem with the plastic packaging and palm oil. Thankfully I have found an organic peanut butter without palm oil in glass jars, which we reuse for jam making and storage.

Domus

Guru
I believe (don't mock if I'm wrong) that peanuts are not nuts but beans. Therefore peanut butter on toast is really beans on toast without the sauce.

Top Bottom