Peanut butter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I really like dry roasted peanuts from a packet. On the rare occasions that I treat myself to a G&T, I find them absolutely essential.
Since childhood, I've always found peanut butter to be absolutely revolting. We do, however, have a jar of the filth for baiting mouse traps.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I liked it as a kid. But I love it as an adult. It's actually very good as a recovery food, so long as you go with the natural stuff and not the popular brand names that have lots of added sugar. The oleic acid in PB helps to lower cholesterol, control blood sugar and blood pressure. Lots of protein to help muscles recover after a hard ride. And it even has a respectable dose of fiber. But most of all, I love how it tastes on white bread. Make sure you apply it liberally to both halves of bread. Then slather a healthy amount of Strawberry Preserves. No jelly. Got to have the real stuff. And if the preserves aren't squeezing out from between the bread slices when you bite into it, you didn't put enough preserves on. And it keeps without refrigeration so it's perfect to pack with you for long rides or hikes. I say, I LOVE IT. Oh, and I'm 58.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I liked it as a kid. But I love it as an adult. It's actually very good as a recovery food, so long a you go with the natural stuff and not the popular brand names that have lots of added sugar. The oleic acid in PB helps to lower cholesterol, control blood sugar and blood pressure. Lots of protein to help muscles recover after a hard ride. And it even has a respectable dose of fiber. But most of all, I love how it tastes on white bread. Make sure you apply it liberally to both halves of bread. Then slather a healthy amount of Strawberry Preserves. No jelly. Got to have the real stuff. And if the preserves aren't squeezing out from between the bread slices when you bite into it, you didn't put enough preserves on. And it keeps without refrigeration so it's perfect to pack with you for long rides or hikes. I say, I LOVE IT. Oh, and I'm 58.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Have you considered seeking help?

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Peanut butter and banana sandwich is my fav. Bought a jar of Proper Nutty which is very good, it's on special offer in Asda at the moment. :hungry:
Whilst on tour, peanut butter spread across a wrap with a chopped banana added is a great breakfast to set you up for the day. Or when caught too far from a cafe stop.
In the current crisis I’ve gone old school ,saddlebag with sandwich‘s .peanut butter and jam . ( I will try with marmalade) This has got to be my current favourite . But where in Yorkshire are the peanut groves
Think I once spotted them just south east of the rhubarb triangle and south west from the Pontefract liquorice garths ;)

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I like peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) spread on celery sticks ;)

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Recipe please
I tend to just throw things together, but something like -
10 chicken drums or thighs. Slash each one (marinating later)
150g PNB, 100g runny honey, tsp each salt and pepper, mix together.
Marinade chicken in it.
Roast some small potatoes for perhaps 20 mins, having added a touch of salt, with some paprika added.
Put chicken on potatoes, roast for a further 25 mins at 180 fan.
I find it's better to use sea salt.

Top Bottom