Pedal for Scotland 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
So - have we all signed up yet ? And are we putting ourselves down as Team Cyclechat again this year ?

I suppose I'd better get online and apply soon....

Hi Goo,

Hope the holiday went well! I'm certainly up for it and will get around to registering some time next week (lots of family stuff this week and Trossachs Ton at the weekend!)

So who else is up for this?

CharlesF

Guru
I have completed the ride twice, (*cough* on a hybrid), starting in the front group I thought I was doing well until 20 miles to go and I was passed by guys on their return trip back to Glasgow. There is one long steep hill otherwise a good day out.

This year my son is joining me on his Sirrus Elite and I hope to be on a steel road bike. Look out for us riding in support of Help for Heros.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Why not ride along with the CC team, we try to live up to the banner at the top, a friendly bunch we had a lot of fun last year. There is nothing wrong with riding a hybrid (unless you are a cycle snob), it is how you ride it that counts...

goo_mason

HJ said:
Why not ride along with the CC team, we try to live up to the banner at the top, a friendly bunch we had a lot of fun last year. There is nothing wrong with riding a hybrid (unless you are a cycle snob), it is how you ride it that counts...

Precisely ! The more the merrier in our band of daft CC'ers !! We were on all sorts of bikes and we had such a laugh along the way. It was the first time we'd all met each other too - we began as strangers and ended up great pals sinking a few pints outside a pub.

I wonder if we'll see (and annoy) The White Roadie again this year... ;)

BTW - where's Tete been these last few months since the Linlithgow outing ?

Righty ho folks! Lets get the momentum going on this one. It's a fun ride (certainly not one for training on!) and is a good social event.

I'm doing it, goo is doing it, so who else is up for it. Bums on seats people, bums on seats.... :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Touche said:
Me and the larger Touchelette.

Do we need to fill in application before the event, or can we just pay on the day?

This one is defiantly a fill in application before the event, it is far bigger that the Ed - St Andies, there is no way the organisers could deal with pay on the day. On the up side you do get freebees on the way...

goo_mason

I'm only going to do it now if Magnatom dresses up in his Captain Cameraman outfit for the day.... :biggrin:

Is Dayvo on for it again this year (and buying the first round in the pub afterwards) ? And is Tete coming along sans-missus ?

goo_mason

simon_brooke said:
I'm doing it. Happy to join a group if we have a meet-up point (as HJ says it's a BBBIIIGGG event and can be hard to find folk)

We managed OK last year, meeting up by one of the monuments on the Green. It's quite easy to spot a gaggle of Cyclechat shirts from a long way off !

Top Bottom