Pedal for Scotland 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you have to enter a time? I couldn't see that on the form. I think if we just enter the name CycleChat (note the capitals) as the team then that should be fine.

I assume organising it to get the 4th member free discount thingy might be too complicated?

It would be great to get as many cyclechatters on this as possible. :angry:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
Do you have to enter a time? I couldn't see that on the form. I think if we just enter the name CycleChat (note the capitals) as the team then that should be fine.

I assume organising it to get the 4th member free discount thingy might be too complicated?

It would be great to get as many cyclechatters on this as possible. :angry:

Just looked again and there's no start time; that doesn't bode well for mass chaos at the start !

Probably more hassle than it's worth organising it - probably easier to just let people enter themselves under the CycleChat team name.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
goo_mason said:
Just looked again and there's no start time; that doesn't bode well for mass chaos at the start !
Do they not just 'assign' a start time when you get your envelope of stuff ?

Apart from the photo-op for the Very Beginning, start times are pretty meaningless, as we all know.

Mind you, maybe the famous MAGNATOM will be part of that photo-op now :tongue:

goo_mason said:
Is Dayvo on for it again this year (and buying the first round in the pub afterwards)?

There is a good chance that I may (dis)grace you with my company again! :smile:

And if there aren't dozens of CCers there, I'll happily get the first round in! :smile:

I'll need to borrow a bike (top of the range Cannondale will do) and a bed, although Mags did mention that I may be able to doss down at his again!

MrRidley

I may be up for this as i missed it last year due to back op, when is it and is it easy or hilly, and how do we get back from embra, surely the trains would be full.

bhoyjim said:
I may be up for this as i missed it last year due to back op, when is it and is it easy or hilly, and how do we get back from embra, surely the trains would be full.
Its a fairly easy ride one or two hills but not too many as its aimed at beginner and attracts plenty and there's plenty of feed stops too. They run buses back with the bike being taken on large delivery vans.

Dayvo said:
There is a good chance that I may (dis)grace you with my company again! :smile:

And if there aren't dozens of CCers there, I'll happily get the first round in! :smile:

I'll need to borrow a bike (top of the range Cannondale will do) and a bed, although Mags did mention that I may be able to doss down at his again!

Of course you are welcome to stay! There is also my Ridgeback hybrid, but it is probably a bit small for you and a very heavy (and probably in need of a new cassette, chain etc. So I think we need an loan of a bike for the day. Anyone willing?

bhoyjim said:

You'll manage it no problem. An 8 year old kid did it last year, as did a guy on a rickshaw! If you can't compete with that....:smile:

HLaB said:
I'm out unfortunately clash of dates (I thought it was the week after :smile:), I hope you have a good time.

What could possibly be more important!?:smile:

Oh well, I suppose it means we are less likely to get lost:smile:

mcb2080

I have signed up for it, paid to get the bike transported back to Glasgow, is there a meet up in Edinburgh or Glasgow for an after ride refreshment?

Top Bottom