Pedal for Scotland 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

I've not signed up yet as i'm going to the LBS 2morow to try out 2 bikes (defy or allez) one of which i intend buying, so hopefully i'll be there once i get a new bike.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
bhoyjim said:
I've not signed up yet as i'm going to the LBS 2morow to try out 2 bikes (defy or allez) one of which i intend buying, so hopefully i'll be there once i get a new bike.

Excellent ! You were shifting on your MTB, so you'll be flying on a roadie. You'll love your new bike - enjoy trying both out.

ACS

Legendary Member
bhoyjim said:

Bugger another one who will be just a speck in the distance :biggrin:

New bike, top class

MrRidley

Hope so, but my head is going to explode trying to pick one, it looks like i could be in there some time, and i've not even started thinking about shoes and pedals, oh and i've still to tell Mrs bhoyjim about the new bike, still i'm sure she will be pleased for me :biggrin:

goo_mason

bhoyjim said:
Hope so, but my head is going to explode trying to pick one, it looks like i could be in there some time, and i've not even started thinking about shoes and pedals, oh and i've still to tell Mrs bhoyjim about the new bike, still i'm sure she will be pleased for me xx(

She'll be totally delighted, and may try to helpfully demonstrate a new way of flattening helmet hair for you with a rolling pin..... :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Damn, you mean we all have to have new bikes to enter the team, how am I going to break the news to Mrs HJ?? :blush:

Ranger

I'm registered with wifey dropping me at Glasgow, so if anyone needs a lift (1 spare bike space on the roof rack) from the Fife area let me know

MrRidley

Picked up bike today, had a quick spin, very very unstable as i've not ridden a road bike before, but i'm sure i'll get used to it (hopefully).

goo_mason

bhoyjim said:
Picked up bike today, had a quick spin, very very unstable as i've not ridden a road bike before, but i'm sure i'll get used to it (hopefully).

Nice :whistle:

You'll probably want to get new tyres asap, as those Kendas will puncture at least once every other day. At least mine did when I got my SCR2.

goo_mason

bhoyjim said:
Cheers Goo, i was thinking the same about the tyres, any you can recommend ?

I've been using Schwalbe Stelvio tyres - have been pretty good at avoiding punctures. Others might have different thoughts though.

Excellent bhoyjim! Yes it does feel wobbly at first and very weird, but it will get better. Much better. Soon when you go back on your hybrid you'll wonder how you ever managed.:whistle:

As for tyres, I'd recommend Gator skins (25mm). Fingers crossed the fairy hasn't visited since I have had them, and I have been on some rough roads (and over glass). Just keep them pumped up hard (100psi).

Enjoy!:smile:

Top Bottom