Pedal for Scotland 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
What could possibly be more important!?:laugh:

Oh well, I suppose it means we are less likely to get lost:smile:

Heh heh - I still remember HLaB & Dayvo vanishing off into the distance having missed the signposted turn round about Cramond, and that was him WITHOUT the Garmin that day too... :laugh:

mcb2080 said:
I have signed up for it, paid to get the bike transported back to Glasgow, is there a meet up in Edinburgh or Glasgow for an after ride refreshment?

We had some beers in Edinburgh last year and made it back for the last transport home. Dayvo and I then watered a tree when we got back to Glasgow!:laugh:

mcb2080

magnatom said:
We had some beers in Edinburgh last year and made it back for the last transport home. Dayvo and I then watered a tree when we got back to Glasgow!:laugh:

Sounds good, looking forward to the ride and some beers with fellow cyclists:biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
Can anyone tell me what the parking situation is like around Victoria Park in Edinburgh or is it better to park a short distance away and pedal in for the transport?

Thanks

Andy

goo_mason

Might be better to park a little bit away and pedal there. There were so many cars dropping people off, plus the fleet of buses & lorries to take riders & bikes there, that I reckon you'd never get parked anywhere near.

goo_mason

satans budgie said:
GM

As I suspected, not knowing the area concerned any suggestions ?

Down in Scoosh's driveway ?!

On a Sunday you can park along Commercial Street, I think. I don't own a car so I have no idea where you can park around here either ! Maybe Scoosh can help more than I can - he lives nearer Vic Park so might have a better idea.

ACS

Legendary Member
GM

Thanks for this, just trying to get the logistics sorted before commiting to this event. I will PM Scoosh for additional info.

Catch up with you on the next run out.....................maybe :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:
What could possibly be more important!?;)

Oh well, I suppose it means we are less likely to get lost:smile:

We didn't get lost last year, just missed Mr Pig's house... now who was supposed to be looking for that??

goo_mason

HJ said:
We didn't get lost last year, just missed Mr Pig's house... now who was supposed to be looking for that??

Is Mr Pig joining us this year for the ride ? And where has Tete vanished to these days ? I do hope Mrs Tete's not banished him from coming around here and playing with his pals ;)

Top Bottom