Pedal for Scotland 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I now have to go to Glasweegieland for 1400, so will miss seeing the "Icons of CC" TM :cry: at the Pedal on Parliament tent.

I will also miss meeting many of the new generation of CC Ecosse - and I will be much the poorer for it. :sad:

Have a great day all of you :thumbsup: and Ride Safe. :bicycle:

That's me finished. Having a short break then head for Glasgow. Just see HJ. On pedal on parliament stand. Good on yer

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Been sitting in a stuffy bus in the car park for half an hour now. Not good - 50 sweaty cyclists in an enclosed space .

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran
Nice day out

Seemed to take forever to get out of Glasgow this year (once the ride had started), every red light against. Incidentally didnt see anyone jump them this year!

D

Deleted member 20519

Hope you all had a good time. I didn't make it unfortunately, would have liked too though!

Grizzly

I know the OP was a bit tongue in cheek, and I agree that this is an event far all. BUT, and yes its a big BUT, I cant believe the standard of cycling this year. Now I'm no club cyclist, far from it, but I saw 4 crashes and I know of 4 others, a few of which resulted in broken bones. I saw a guy who tried to put his foot down when he braked, trouble is he was still moving. This resulted in him having a huge wobble every time which resulted in a big crash on the cycle path in Edinburgh. He caught up with me a few minutes later and continued to do the same, he had learned nothing from causing the crash. Unfortunately I would not recommend this event to a new/inexperienced cyclist as in my opinion it is too much of a risk.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Looks like you arrived after the 40,000 people who cheered me in had left zizou :tongue:

Grizzly - whilst I agree some of the riding was hair-raising (some of it from the more experienced ones too), surely a good place for a beginner to learn is at events like these. I'm betting that most riders are commuters or solo cyclists who don't know all the etiquette of hand signals or "Passing on the right" - I certainly don't and it's at events like these that I see them in use and I learn from the experience.

The most important thing to take on board is being aware of other cyclists close by surely and to that end I'd like to horsewhip all those I saw using iPods.

Top Bottom