Pedal for Scotland 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenc89

was really looking forward until sunday until i seen the first posters comments. I am not a keen cycler, and iam doing this with a car club iam a member of.

We all are doing this for a selected charity in east kilbride (have still raised money for maggies)
but I seen the post about "n00bs" and has got me thinking, I thought this was a fun day out and not too
many people taking it seriously? My group are dressing up in onesies (gos with our selected charity)

I will be number "4822" no doubt be able to see me anyway, I hope it is a brilliant atmosphere and not too serious. Will be giving it my all as I have not trained for this.

Also Hi iam Steven from East Kilbride

Col5632

Guru
was really looking forward until sunday until i seen the first posters comments. I am not a keen cycler, and iam doing this with a car club iam a member of.

We all are doing this for a selected charity in east kilbride (have still raised money for maggies)
but I seen the post about "n00bs" and has got me thinking, I thought this was a fun day out and not too
many people taking it seriously? My group are dressing up in onesies (gos with our selected charity)

I will be number "4822" no doubt be able to see me anyway, I hope it is a brilliant atmosphere and not too serious. Will be giving it my all as I have not trained for this.

Its not a serious ride just some people are less experienced in how to ride in a group and on a road than others :cycle:

It's a great atmosphere, apart from a very small minority, everyone is laid back laughing and joking with one another. It's great to see all those who turn up in fancy dress and with decorated bikes. Makes it more like a carnival.

stevenc89

well that puts some nerves at ease. Never been involved in something like this before so looking forward to it.

As I said I will be a short person in a onsie with the number "4822" haha

Sunday can not come quick enough

OP
OP
zizou

zizou

Veteran

Sorry you took it the wrong way, i had intended it to be sarcasm directed towards some comments from some posters on here in the past who had (IMO unfairly) criticised the riding at the event in the past, i am very much on the side of the 'n00bs' (and everyone else on their bikes) having a fun day out - which you are correct the Pedal for Scotland is all about, so you can get back to looking forward to event and dont let anyone put you off, least of all me :smile:

doddy73

Über Member

You'll have a ball fella.... If I see your group I'll say hi :smile:

George... Also from East Kilbride

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm not riding it this year and was wondering if any of you who are, have thought of arranging an informal 'Meeting Place' before/at the start ? This was how CC Forum Rides started - a group doing PfS decided to meet up before the start, put 'faces to forum names' and have a wee ride together.

As Dayvo posted up thread, they had a great day and they all wanted to do it again ... hence the Forum Rides initiative. [bit of CC history there for you ^_^]

Equally, you could arrange a Meeting Place at the end - or at least all wear you CC jerseys, so you can be identified as you ride :thumbsup:

Hmmm :scratch: ... wonder if I can get along to M'field in the afternoon to raise the CC profile ... :unsure: and to meet as many of you as poss ...:wahhey:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I am number 6516, will look out for all of you!
Got a bright red skateboard kind of helmet, will attach a couple of CChat stickers on it :biggrin:

doddy73

Über Member
If anyone's heading in early then I'd be delighted to say hello. Planning on cycling from EK to the Green for around 8 at the latest, that way I should be away from the start line by 9.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
If anyone's heading in early then I'd be delighted to say hello. Planning on cycling from EK to the Green for around 8 at the latest, that way I should be away from the start line by 9.
Yes, I am planning to be at the Green by 8 max. Will leave from Burnside at 7.30. Will be by the picture house in Rutherglen main Street at about 7.40. Will wait for 5 minutes there for you East kilbriders :hello:

doddy73

Über Member
If that's just off Glasgow road at the traffic lights then you're on.

Just been informed by my better half where this is, I take a right at the traffic lights on Mill road. See you on Sunday morning.

6ft, white/grey helmet, riding a Wilier.... I'll look for your stickers :highfive:

Top Bottom