Pedal for Scotland Cycle chat team?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hairy Jock said:
Come to think of it, with so many CC jerseys possibly going on it the risk of being mistaken for a certain weegie by a demented bus driver is also daunting, huummm I think I will go ;)

Excellent! That make it three of us then! We have a team in the making. I do hope no-one cycles too fast as I normally only cycle 10 miles a day on a big heavy bike (and it's the only one I have!).

I look into the logistics of setting the team up. I think we should call the team....... CycleChat!

What do you all think about chairities, yes or no and if yes which one?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Mr Pig said:
I've done it three times but got so wet last year I said it would be my last! It was wet. Like, as wet as sitting in a swimming pool all day!

The 'only' time it stopped raining was while we were 'inside' having pasta at Linlithgow!

Ya big jessie!!

Go on, it's going to be lovely this year, honest!

Mr Pig

jassy-x said:
...gonna be a hot one this year though..

Yeah, sure! ;0) I think September is a stupid time of year to have it. To me it seems to be geared towards seasoned cyclists but a lot of the people who do it are just out on a fun run. There are lots of little things about the planning that are daft, like rest tents being too small or in stupid places or sending four thousand bikes across the bottom of a muddy feild.

My mate wants to do it again but he's planning on not signing up, instead just waiting to see what the weather is like on the day. They did it round the other way one year, Edinburgh to Glasgow, so they had strong headwinds for fifty miles! Bright...

Melvil

Mr Pig said:
Yeah, sure! ;0) I think September is a stupid time of year to have it. To me it seems to be geared towards seasoned cyclists but a lot of the people who do it are just out on a fun run. There are lots of little things about the planning that are daft, like rest tents being too small or in stupid places or sending four thousand bikes across the bottom of a muddy feild.

My mate wants to do it again but he's planning on not signing up, instead just waiting to see what the weather is like on the day. They did it round the other way one year, Edinburgh to Glasgow, so they had strong headwinds for fifty miles! Bright...

I was on that one! It was pure torture...you're right the (20mph) headwinds all the way through, rain, cold, etc, were not fun. Still, met some really cool people, cycled in a little group and felt great when I finished so it wasn't all bad.

Tetedelacourse

Are you a Coatbridge Pig then? Met a few of them in my time!

I did it "that" year. Hearing "no surrender" from the neds as we entered the East End of Glasgow cheered everyone up. Some the English around us thought they were genuinely giving steely support, until one of them was hit with a pebble.

As previously stated to Magna, I'm supposed to be doing the trip with the wife this year, but if she comes up with some dodgy excuse to pull out then I'll join in the Cyclechat team. In such eventuality though I would ask that no cameras are used! And NO RANTING about maniacs ;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tetedelacourse said:
As previously stated to Magna, I'm supposed to be doing the trip with the wife this year, but if she comes up with some dodgy excuse to pull out then I'll join in the Cyclechat team. In such eventuality though I would ask that no cameras are used! And NO RANTING about maniacs :angry:

OK, OK! I promise not to wear my helmet camera. Honest, I won't...... honest! :angry:

Alcdrew

They have a cheek don't they.
Pedal for Scotland said:
It is the perfect way to spend a summer's day, and get fit and healthy into the bargain.
Do you have a different summer up there in Scotland then? As I alway thought that September was Autumn.

Melvil

Alcdrew said:
They have a cheek don't they.

Do you have a different summer up there in Scotland then? As I alway thought that September was Autumn.

We have a very different summer in Scotland - we have no summer. September stands as good a chance of being sunny and warm as any other time of year, i.e. zero. :angry:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Melvil said:
We have a very different summer in Scotland - we have no summer. September stands as good a chance of being sunny and warm as any other time of year, i.e. zero. :angry:

Actually, I would always recommend that someone visits Scotland in either May or September. They are the driest months (I believe) and anecdotally I always find you are most likely to get good weather at these times.

Also the midges aren't quite as bad.......:angry:

Alcdrew

TBH last time I visited your great country it was October, and the weather was nice, although we were lucky on that I think as apparently the week before it never stopped raining.

Mr Pig

Tetedelacourse said:
Pig? Plains? There's a joke in there somewhere!

Naa. Closest I get to flying is when I crash my bike! ;0) It's a real place, look it up. These days, when people ask where I live I tend to say 'between Glasgow and Edinburgh.' Because if you say 'Plains' first you always end up saying that anyway!

Tetedelacourse

Oh I know Plains all right. From that year when I did PfS East to West in a hurricane blowing west to east. That year, the rain didn't stay mainly in Plains.

Top Bottom