Pedal for Scotland Cycle chat team?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Grand! Watch you don't pull out in front of Magnavigilantom in September; you'll be incarcerated in YouTube State Penitentiary forevermore :biggrin:

Magnatom!

I can get to and from Scotland from Norway without too much hassle.
I could fly on the Saturday, hostel it somewhere in Glasgow Saturday night (could be interesting! ;)), bus back to Glasgow from Edinburgh after the event and 'crash' at the airport Sunday before flying back to Oslo Monday morning. It's just the problem of borrowing a bike!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Cool!! But what is this I hear, bumming it in a hostel and at the airport! I will not hear of it!

I can't absolutely guarantee it yet, but we should have space at our house that weekend. So long as you don't mind the two kids running around and the associated mess, then you could probably stay at our place. It's only 15 mins from the airport and not difficult to get into town from there.

I will need to check with my wife: hi Mrs magnatom, are you happy for a complete stranger to stay with us for the weekend :wacko:?

Seriously though, there is a possibility that the inlaws could be up that weekend, and if they are there would be no space, but it's long enough away that I am sure we can sort it out.

Let me get back to you on this.

Unfortunately I don't have a spare bike (just one bike!! :biggrin:). Anyone got a spare bike you could loan Dayvo for the weekend?

:smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

P.S. Dayvo, as part of the entry you can arrange to have your bike lorried back to Glasgow, so no worried there.

Mr Pig

What hight are you Dayvo? My wife has a 16'' mountain bike with slicks on that you are welcome to use? Nothing brilliant, a 24-speed GT bike, but it works fine. And I've already lent it to a compleat stranger for the Glasgow-Edinburgh a few years ago so it knows the way ;0)

Tetedelacourse

I've got a Claud Butler MTB hack with slicks that would just about get you west to east Dayvo. Don't really use it other than as a runaround. Am sure I could pop it through to Glasgow beforehand.

It's a big bike for a big mofo.

jassy-x

...Dayvo...if you would prefer something a wee bit lighter I have an old Raleigh Road bike (about 10 years old..an Aveo I think??...not sure of the frame size, but I am 5.10 and fitted me ok).....steel frame/wheels etc...basic gears & brakes but in good running order....you could stick your own pedals on if you want??...would definately do the distance no problem.....

OP
OP
M

magnatom

jassy-x said:
...Dayvo...if you would prefer something a wee bit lighter I have an old Raleigh Road bike (about 10 years old..an Aveo I think??...not sure of the frame size, but I am 5.10 and fitted me ok).....steel frame/wheels etc...basic gears & brakes but in good running order....you could stick your own pedals on if you want??...would definately do the distance no problem.....

Don't go giving him anything too fast! I don't want to be left behind! :biggrin:

Magnatom, Mr Pig, Tete and jassy-x! You're all too kind! I appreciate your generosity. :tongue:

As long as the bike fits and doesn't have chunky tyres (or weighs too much - a fate I suffered last weekend in Finland adding an hour to my time) I'll be happy and grateful.

Magnatom! That would be kind beyond the call of duty to house a complete w@nker stranger! :smile: If you didn't have space I could happily sleep in your shed/garage (I'm used to, and enjoy, living rough), but I don't want to put you to any trouble.

Mr Pig! I'm 6' 1" and weigh about 15 stone (should be a bit less by September :angry:).

Tete! Yours sounds most suitable (if the sizing is right), 45 miles shouldn't be a problem (about three hours).

jassy-x! I haven't been on a road bike for far too many years! :blush: Having had a mildish back problem, getting down on the drops might aggravate it. But, of course, I could stay on the hoods. (after my sportive last week, I do actually fancy something that rewards my effort!).

And I'm not woorried about my time; as long as I can ride with the Scottish chapter of CC, I'll be very happy. I hope/look forward to meeting you in the autumn! But we can keep each other posted over details etc.

Thanks all again!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Dayvo said:
Magnatom, Mr Pig, Tete and jassy-x! You're all too kind! I appreciate your generosity. :blush:

Magnatom! That would be kind beyond the call of duty to house a complete w@nker stranger! :smile: If you didn't have space I could happily sleep in your shed/garage (I'm used to, and enjoy, living rough), but I don't want to put you to any trouble.

Thanks all again!

You don't want to sleep in my shed. You'd find yourself impaled on some form of garden implement, squashed by the bike, lying in some strange corrosive fluid, with a deflated bouncy castle as your sleeping companion!

I'm sure it will be fine, and if your lucky you will have the comfort of a king size bed all to yourself! (Unless your lucky at Pedal Scotland of course :angry:).

PM me with your contact details and we can get something arranged.

Top Bottom