Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
How well signed is it? Should I be trying to download the route/ jot down basic directions?

Are you doing the 50 or the 100 mile route?

If it's the 50 miler, don't worry. Unless you are going to be first away and riding like Wiggo then it is just a case of follow the crowd - and I do mean "crowd" :thumbsup:.

Col5632

Guru
Are you doing the 50 or the 100 mile route?

If it's the 50 miler, don't worry. Unless you are going to be first away and riding like Wiggo then it is just a case of follow the crowd - and I do mean "crowd" :thumbsup:.

Yeah its kinda hard to miss thousands of cyclists going in the same direction :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I really would like to ride it back: how can I if I'm not allowed back on the path ("you must not use the cycle path to ride back home") Any ideas? I would like to ride back using @Rasmus PoP feeder route :smile:

Brandane

Legendary Member
why can`t you use the cycle path home? they don`t own the path

The 2 times I have done PFS, there were people trying to do exactly that. They were causing chaos because of the sheer numbers of cyclists heading in the opposite direction, and I would imagine that their progress would have been extremely slow as they tried to swim against the tide. Nothing to stop them trying; just not a good idea, especially given the number of alternative routes available out of Edinburgh.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Aye, but need to load a route first!

Your wish is my command! This one will take you to the canal where it passes over the city bypass. Or you could head further south through Balerno, or there's a nice wee route round to the airport and back onto the road section of the PFS at Cramond Bridge (although that would involve a wee bit of the path at Cramond Bridge, hopefully by that time it would be quiet).........

Pat "5mph"

Cheers @Brandane can't access route now because Garmin site is down for maintenance. Gonna pretty please link me also the round the airport one when you have time? ^_^

Brandane

Legendary Member
Cheers @Brandane can't access route now because Garmin site is down formaintenance. Gonna pretty please link me also the round the airport one when you have time? ^_^

Done. Can't remember exactly where the PFS route goes from Cramond Bridge, but I seem to remember going through Kirkliston; so this should be nearly right. Disclaimer: It might be totally wrong ^_^.

Pat "5mph"

Cheers, I know the way home from Cramond: done the route twice already. :becool:
Just the way out of Edinburgh without using the path I did not ken ^_^

Pat "5mph"

Glad to see you've been taking language courses before you find yourself in Auld Reekie. Just say "ae" after every sentence, and learn to take your chips with salt and sauce; you'll do fine, ken, ae.
Oh, found out about that vile sauce many many years ago, on a day trip to edin xx(

Top Bottom