Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Confession time: I posted (and later deleted) a similar post last night wishing folks good luck with the wind assisted ride on Sunday (THIS Sunday), then checked the PFS site to find out it's a week on Sunday :wacko: . I'm blaming Col5632 for posting this yesterday :whistle: :
Good luck to everybody doing the ride on sunday :thumbsup:

Just to add to the confusion; there is some sort of Glasgow Family ride being held on Sunday, and is advertised on the PFS site.

edindave

Über Member
Good luck with whatever you're doing this Sunday as well folks! :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 20519

Can you register on the day? I'm not sure if I'll be to late to register on line and get my number and stuff through before the 8th.

Also, is it wise to just hope that I can get a spot on a train back to Glasgow or pay the £16 for the bus?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Can you register on the day? I'm not sure if I'll be to late to register on line and get my number and stuff through before the 8th.

Also, is it wise to just hope that I can get a spot on a train back to Glasgow or pay the £16 for the bus?
You asked the same question last year? :wacko:
I remember 'cause I answered your post at the time :tongue:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

D

Deleted member 20519

One week to go! What time do you think is the best time to leave Glasgow at?

zizou

Veteran
One week to go! What time do you think is the best time to leave Glasgow at?

The earlier the better - ideally you want to be hitting the narrow cycletrack section in Edinburgh before it gets really crowded.

Although the organisers in their wisdom are routing the Edinburgh family fun ride down this again this year (they didnt do it last year but did the previous) so i suspect whatever time you leave there is going to be alot of congestion for the final few miles!

D

Deleted member 20519

The earlier the better - ideally you want to be hitting the narrow cycletrack section in Edinburgh before it gets really crowded.

Although the organisers in their wisdom are routing the Edinburgh family fun ride down this again this year (they didnt do it last year but did the previous) so i suspect whatever time you leave there is going to be alot of congestion for the final few miles!

According to the PFS site it says that 7:30 till 8 will be 'very quiet' and then all times after that will be 'very busy' until 10am.

Top Bottom