Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Nothing here either. 36 hours to go and I have no idea when I start.

doddy73

Über Member
Facebook update:

Pedal for Scotland (Official)

In the unlikely event that your pack doesn’t arrive in time for Sunday, come and see us at registration and we will issue you with everything you need. Bring a copy of your World Pay Receipt with you – copies on phones will be fine. If you are due to get the transport before the ride, your name will be on the transport list, so don’t worry if your ticket hasn’t arrived.

Joey Shabadoo

yay!!!

I can confirm that you are registered on the event and that your information pack has left our office and is now in the hands of Royal Mail. You should receive them before the end of the day.

Your event number is 1064 - with a 7.30 - 8am start

Still haven't got a pack but at least I have a number and a time now ^_^

shyfire

Anyone want to do a 50 mile cycle somewhere other than Glasgow to Edinburgh tomorrow.
Pack finally arrived - chose 8am start since 7.30am was full. Have a 10am start :-( So much for the pretty little selection drop down boxes on the entry page. Somewhat hacked off by the whole thing and that's before turning a pedal.

Anyone want to do a 50 mile cycle somewhere other than Glasgow to Edinburgh tomorrow.
Pack finally arrived - chose 8am start since 7.30am was full. Have a 10am start :-( So much for the pretty little selection drop down boxes on the entry page. Somewhat hacked off by the whole thing and that's before turning a pedal.
If you have your bike and jersey numbers, why not start from Trongate and bypass the whole kerfuffle? I assume it's not chip timed (it never has been before in my experience)

Joey Shabadoo

Pack arrived this morning. I think a lot of grief and anxiety could have been avoided by not waiting until a few hours before the start to send the rider packs out.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Quite glad I'm not doing it this year. I really don't have the patience (or tolerance of incompetence) required to happily part with hard earned cash for the privilege of doing a cycle ride that I can do any other time for free, and then be treated like that.
Seems like it really has become too big for the organisers to cope with.

On the plus side, the weather looks not too bad, and later starts might avoid the forecast easterly wind which should change to a more southerly direction from mid morning.

Good luck to all participants; I hope the organisation on the day is better than that on the run up!

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Just start near Alexandra Park or similar, at any time you like, who is going to stop you? Wait for meeeeeeeeee! :smile:

Top Bottom