Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
Still no pack from PfS :sad:

nothing here yet either

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I will be start no 11262, but I suspect the cyclechat jersey will be easier means of identification.

I'll be at the start shortly before 0645, hoping to finish before 2 pm

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Thought it had arrived yesterday but it turned out to be a Cycling Scotland newsletter. Apparently it was Bike Week in June - who knew? Also a hilarious booklet I assume for pre-school children called the "NiceWay Code", which seems to involve swinging a cat around while you cycle. Or something.

Good luck to everybody riding PfS on Sunday. I had a look at the 110 mile route last night - there's some tough climbs on it. The climb out of Galston to the transmitter then the short and very steep one at Carmichael are 2 that will be tough.Also the drag up the Lang Whang on the A70 after Carnwarth is a bit of a leg sapper.

Col5632

Guru
Good luck everybody :thumbsup:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I emailed them a week ago and was told the pack would be a couple of days.
I phoned them today and was told the pack would be a couple of days but I could always pick one up on the day from a tent at the event. Not happy really, I booked and paid for this five months ago. To not know what time I'm starting just a couple of days beforehand isn't very convenient.

zizou

Veteran
Got my pack today and a start time of after 10.30.

Signed up for it months ago before there was anything about starting time slots and by the time i got the email about them the early slots were already full so just waited to see what i had been allocated with and hoped it would be an early one. With the lack of chip timing on the 47 mile ride there isnt much point in hanging about for an allocated slot so will just start at the trongate instead.

Also in the pack there were no safety pins to attach number to jersey or ties to attach number to bike. Its not a big deal but cost cutting like that is just annoying!

Last edited:

shyfire

No pack here yet. Trying and failing not to get annoyed with 1 post and less than 48 hours to go. If I'd wanted the hassle of registering on the day I'd not have entered online weeks ago.

D

Deleted member 20519

Having never done the ride before, what's the process for registering on the day?

Top Bottom