Pedal for Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
So .......... @Pat "5mph" .... 5 mph indeed!!!!!!!!!!
I make your mileage for yesterday approximately 114, so at 5mph you shouldn't be home yet :tongue:.
That is one tough ride; the canal path is a killer on its own. And to think you did it on BORIS :ohmy: (no offence Boris, but you are a bit on the heavy side!).
Seriously big kudos to you :bravo:. Hope you are able to walk, sit down, or even MOVE today!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Massive kudos on the century, Pat, great ride! :hyper::wahhey::bravo:

Jen5656

Hi all!
I'm sore allover :smile:
Done my PfS, cycled it back along the canal.
Met @Rasmus at Murrayfield him looking a wee bit worse for the wear I must say ;)
Here are my Stravas for the day, will post a proper report tomorrow.
I thought this years ride was devoid of cycling conflicts, maybe because I had an early start, skipped 2 feeding stations, got at the finish at 13.30, before the crowds had time to gather.

http://www.strava.com/activities/81113591
http://www.strava.com/activities/81113572
http://www.strava.com/activities/81113583

Ha ha, got to ride to town early in the morning for a medical appointment, wonder if my legs will make it to pedal :laugh:

Well done to you Pat, great inspiration to leisure cyclists like myself

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Great day again.... so pleased that I went for the sportive ride this year. Clocked in at 8.32.

Did anyone make it up that torturous incline at 70ish miles? I got about 2/3 up and had to walk the rest... brutal!

Brutal indeed. I was forced to stop and admire the view about halfway up. Luckily I got going again before the group approaching from behind saw me. That also gave me the strength not to stop again...

Col5632

Guru
Brutal indeed. I was forced to stop and admire the view about halfway up. Luckily I got going again before the group approaching from behind saw me. That also gave me the strength not to stop again...

You had to stop on a hill?!?! I don't believe this, can't be true :hyper:

doddy73

Über Member

Admire the view! like your thinking bud.... I took lots of time to soak it in whilst wandering in an upwards direction... didn't stop and walk... NO .... admired the view

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Has anybody heard from young jaz? Anybody see him on the ride?

Don't think he's put the ride on strava.... Did he do it??

fimm

Veteran
Glad all had fun.
My boyfriend and I decided to go for a ride yesterday. As I left the flat I said "Oh, Pedal for Scotland..."
"It will be fine", said boyfriend, "they won't be here yet."
Well they were. We did the first bit of our ride along the cycle path (what would ahve been the last section, if you did it). Then we diverted onto the roads. We wanted to go towards Kirkliston and decided cycling the wrong way up the hill above Crammond Brig would be a very bad idea, so we went along Queensferry Road instead, and up the slip road. This was OK, actually. Then we spotted that the other sliproad was closed, so we should have been able to get up there safely enough. We were quite impressed by how much of the road was closed, in fact. We turned away from the route at Kirkliston. I ended up coming down through Balerno and mixing it up with a few of the 110 miler people. I hope the people on the timing mat understood that I was trying to communicate to them that I was not a participant in the event. I then got drafted by someone - he eventually passed me but then we both stopped at a red light and I explained that I wasn't actually doing the event... "I thought you were," he said, "you were going fast!"
I am allowed to cycle appropriately fast even if I'm not taking part in an organised event!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I picked up the Herald to see how my time compared to the rest of the field. Annoyingly it's sorted by name, but it looks like my 06:50 places me solidly in the top half. Fastest appears to be around 5:30, slowest on the fun side of 11 hours!

Top Bottom