Pedals - Musing on a Trip to the Darkside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Radius said:
M520s FFS! I got mine for £20 and they're not that heavy, double sided, and VFM. :biggrin:

M520's are fine pedals and great VFM but how far would you be prepared to cycle "in" them without proper cleated SPuD shoes on?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
GrumpyGreg said:
M520's are fine pedals and great VFM but how far would you be prepared to cycle "in" them without proper cleated SPuD shoes on?

Well I have done rides of +100 miles on mine with no "hot foot" but then I suppose this depends on the shoe you are using them with, mine are Scotts and a cracking shoe. I must admit to getting the wire wool out and removing the "shitmano" logo when adding them to my campag equipped stead :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
A530 are a good choice, you should get cleats with them so no need to buy separately. As for shoes, I find Shimano are rather a narrow fit, best to try a pair on before buying...

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Hairy Jock said:
A530 are a good choice, you should get cleats with them so no need to buy separately. As for shoes, I find Shimano are rather a narrow fit, best to try a pair on before buying...

thanks, they look to be the next pedal to buy, having looked again at the shimano site I find the A520 would have been entirely unsuitable. Single sided, yes, but not properly flat the other side, so no good for normal shoes.

Will be trying several shoes, narrow doesn't work for me, could never wear Addidas when I was young. Just looking at shops now to see best option for a good selection.

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
You can lead a horse to water ......... :biggrin:

Might I refer yourself, and young Radius, to earlier posts highlighting the need for a pedal than can also be used with a normal shoe. If either of you can verify that I'll be comfy using M520's, in any footwear, then I'll gladly heed your advice.:ohmy:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Radius said:
No, you wont, but you wont look like a tw*t and feel like you've got bricks on yer feet either :ohmy: :biggrin:

Now that's just plain rude, you know full well that my looking like a tw*t is a natural state of affairs, which pedal and footwear choice will do little to cure. The cruel callousness of youth on display again I see:evil:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
MacBludgeon said:
Might I refer yourself, and young Radius, to earlier posts highlighting the need for a pedal than can also be used with a normal shoe. If either of you can verify that I'll be comfy using M520's, in any footwear, then I'll gladly heed your advice.:blush:

But thats like riding a single speed rather than a fixed, the worst of both worlds. Double sided is the way to go. :biggrin:

OP
OP
MacB

MacB

Sittingduck said:
Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water and MAKE it drink! :biggrin:

Back On topic: M520 :biggrin:!

SD

Ok, now that's quite enough, the Wellgo pedals have arrived they will be trialled, on the weekend bike, once I have chosen some shoes. If I am happy with SPD etc then:-

Weekend bike will get double sided of some flavour as it will never be ridden without proper shoes
The Wellgo's will go on my pub bike that will always have a requirement to be able to be ridden in normal trainers
The commuter will either get double sided or the A530's depending on how much I like being clipped in

I believe that's understandable even to the hard of reading:biggrin:

Oh yeah, my kids have been doing Chuck Norris lines a lot recently, so we put on Walker Texas Ranger for them. Not impressed

Top Bottom