Pedestrians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 1484726"]
Families all over the place. I must have spent a couple of minutes in total crawling behind waiting for a safe time to pass. That's fine.
[/quote]

There we go.

It's easy isn't it.

:thumbsup:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
There we go.

It's easy isn't it.

:thumbsup:

If only others could see it that way.

I have found the pedestrians in the park are more alert to cyclists than they are anywhere else, perhaps it's because my bike has such a loud tick when freewheeling.

locker

Not that weird if you think about it.

The law is clear - pedestrians have right of way on UK cycle paths / pavements.

I think discussing a fact for 40 pages is a little OTT but there you go. I can't compain now I've waded in.

If there were legal room for manoeuvre, I could understand it, but there isn't.

In the UK this is a simple factual matter - obviously this thread has been railroaded by posters from countries with different laws - but here it is straightforward.

If you ride into a pedestrian who isn't malicious (ie one hiding behind a tree and jumping out trying to knock you off) you are to blame.

As clear as mud

OP
OP
benb

benb

Evidence based cyclist
If only it was as simple as this, after 401 pages it clearly isn`t :bicycle:

It is that simple - some people just refuse to accept it.

Again: if a pedestrian suddenly changes direction and you collide with them then you were passing too close and/or going too fast.

Jezston

Über Member
This was written on the wall of the Facebook group of an informal riding club I occasionally go out with:

Oh and for the record, zebra crossings are voluntary, its not mandatory to stop at them. the green cross code clearly states, that you should wait for the road users to stop before crossing. so zebra crossing users who choose not to look and wait before stepping out, can **** off. ur getting road rashed. WORD.

It had received 4 likes.

*Sigh*.

locker

:laugh:[QUOTE 1484752"]
Yes it is. And you should know better than anyone.
[/quote]

That`s why I`m a expert :laugh:

Pedestrians (humans beings) are responsible for their own actions, every case should be taken on it`s own merits

Law is not as clear cut as everyone thinks or perceive

And before you go on & on & on & on & on about Big Mama, yes again I say I was going too fast

What is done is done, what is going to happen who knows
:stop: :bicycle:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
:laugh:

That`s why I`m a expert :laugh:

Pedestrians (humans beings) are responsible for their own actions, every case should be taken on it`s own merits

Law is not as clear cut as everyone thinks or perceive

And before you go on & on & on & on & on about Big Mama, yes again I say I was going too fast

What is done is done, what is going to happen who knows
:stop: :bicycle:

OK You have (pretty much) admitted your were in the wrong in the BM video. The name itself is highly contentious though and is placing you in the firing line for being a racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.