Peloton advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I am blessed with older age. If its raining I don't get on a bike, motorised or meorised.
I can see why competition cyclists have to put the grunt in. I don't eat enough pies or race with a number on my shirt to bother coating my floor with sweat while watching the TV or listening to Vine.
It rains all winter here, I take the dogs for a walk knowing that the pain of putting the legs into action will cost me in the spring.
What's it like in September? I'm passing through Bordeaux to Nantes later this year. (Hopefully)

If anyone shouts at me to "bring that thunder" I'm gonna hit the bar steward

jus sayin
I mean - I'm not a violent person - but really???
From Still Game, "can you feel the burn Bobby"?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A coleague at work recently bought one. Lets say, no kids and they both have good jobs so cash rich. I couldn't even afford a Peloton bike.

She is a large lady, and is always on diets, but I've seen what food she brings in to work to eat. I'm not the weight I need to be, but as someone who cycles and uses Zwift, she eats more than I do.

I was really suportive, had loads of chats - said it was 'similar' to Zwift I was using (ish) - she's not mentioned it for ages. Decorators are in painting the house again....

It's an expensive buy in.

A coleague at work recently bought one. Lets say, no kids and they both have good jobs so cash rich. I couldn't even afford a Peloton bike.

She is a large lady, and is always on diets, but I've seen what food she brings in to work to eat. I'm not the weight I need to be, but as someone who cycles and uses Zwift, she eats more than I do.

I was really suportive, had loads of chats - said it was 'similar' to Zwift I was using (ish) - she's not mentioned it for ages. Decorators are in painting the house again....

Yes it is an expensive buy in.

Just don't get the advert? 'Peleton, you got this!' the ripped bloke announces.
Got what?
Got the fact you are sat in a house doing exercise?
The ripped bloke could no doubt beat Cav or Sagan in a sprint, he's, well, so ripped?
Just a shame the dude has got a brain the size of a pigeon. Marketing v reality in full effect.

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Got what?
The ripped bloke could no doubt beat Cav or Sagan in a sprint, he's, well, so ripped?
Just a shame the dude has got a brain the size of a pigeon. Marketing v reality in full effect.
The actual truth of it is Bernard Hainault would probably drop him right now the first time the road started to go up, I’ve done spin classes , the instructors are are fit, but not actually riding a bike any distance at a reasonable speed fit,I’ve ridden there on the bike and rode home again, at a descent speed too, the other people there including the instructor thought I was bonkers, in reality it was quicker than taking the car

What's it like in September? I'm passing through Bordeaux to Nantes later this year. (Hopefully)
Here's a pic from 7pm September 8th last year to pique your wishes. 23°C with a gentle breeze.

Some teachers cycle too.

I used to teach 3 40 min classes a week. I was ripping people's legs off on the club run up to about 40 miles and then my lack of endurance showed.

Was easy enough to build the endurance up though with a few weekend rides. 👍

Got what?
Good teeth and a full Barnet sells product.

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru

I used to go to a company that delivers exercise machines, weights machines, stationary bikes, home gyms etc, the site foreman accurately described his job as arranging the delivery of Britain’s most expensive clothes airers

I used to go to a company that delivers exercise machines, weights machines, stationary bikes, home gyms etc, the site foreman accurately described his job as arranging the delivery of Britain’s most expensive clothes airers
I would not be sticking my neck out to say that more calories were burned delivering such product to its penultimate* resting place than the end user expended while mounted on it.
I know such people.
* The final resting place being ebay, Leboncoin or the dechetterie.

Top Bottom