1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal numberplates

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Rhythm Thief, 13 Jul 2007.

1. In the last few weeks, I've seen a Bentley with the numberplate 5 PEN and a Jaguar with 4 RCH. Might it be that Spen and Arch have a larger carbon footprint than they've let on? And now Arch has a Jag, can the baby elephant be far behind? :?:

Mad Doug Biker likes this.
  2. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I always wanted UPU2 :?:

3. Noodley

Noodley Guest

therein lies the "problem" of "personalised" plates - they are shoot! :?: :sad:

PaulB likes this.
  4. Noodley

Noodley Guest

sorry, that should have read:

5h1t

5. I like the ones which are supposed to be someone's name but obviously aren't. For instance, "J10 HNI" which is meant to be "Johnny" but just ... isn't. Always makes me chuckle.

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Some are good others not so, but if they are happy with what they've got let it be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Nothing says 'I am a w**ker' more than a 'personalised' number plate to me.

Eddy, Mad Doug Biker and cyberknight like this.
  8. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

I know a bloke who has bought, and uses, a personalised number plate in the name of his daughter. He tells us that it is an investment for when she passes her test, then he will transfer it to her.

Jeeeeezzus :?:

9. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Clarkson calls anybody with a shaved head driving a BMW M3 "a cock". I would add personalised numberplates to the selection criteria.

10. chris42

chris42 New Member

therein lies the "problem" of "personalised" plates - they are shoot! :?: :sad:[/quote]

I say! spot on
    I commend this comment to the house!

11. derall

derall Über Member

I think that personalised numberplates are a godsend.

The one time I've been knocked of my bike (on the way home from the bike shop with my brand new Airnimal) the driver left the scene of the accident before the ambulance or police arrived.

That he was driving a convertible Aston Martin with a personalised numberplate made it easy for me to remember and even easier for the police to find him.

12. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

In the same league as....

Golf
    Villas in Spain
    Sovereign Rings
    "Designer" Sports Wear

13. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Personalised plates are one of the only things that would tempt me in to joining the police.

Making someone put an obscured plateback to how it should be, and watching their face as they realise that something that they've just spent hundreds of pounds on to massage their ego is now just a random, meaningless string of numbers and letters, would be great.

14. hambones

hambones Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the plate CEO 1 went for on Ebay?? I saw it mentioned on News24 when it was at £30k and by the next morning it was up to £120k with over a week to go!!! The same guy was selling CEO 2 and funnily enough had had no bids - who'd want to be second eh?

BTW by everyone's definition on here I'm a w*nker! :?: :?: My dad bought me a plate for my 21st all those years ago - but when he told me I said I didn't want it and he got me a synth instead!!! Needless to say I now have it on my car and was recently offered 5k for it by a West Ham fan!!!

15. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

:?:

Not me...

Anyone remember the thing about how to get a personalised number plate cheaply?

Just change your name by deed poll to WJY 678 X

Saw a chap on the phone, driving, just after the new penalty came in, in a Bentley with a plate that basically said (or suggested) EXOTIC (Can't remember the exact way it was done, now). Remember thinking it was a daft car/plate to have if you were going to flout he law...