Personal numberplates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I think the best one I've ever seen - grey haired couple in open top Merc - given the road they were on, could have been heading for Channel crossing:
V 1 EUX

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Old threads never die, they don't even fade away:sad:.

Yeah- I thought great- Smokin Joe's back. Then I saw the dates!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've had two managers who had personalised plates.
They were both utter, utter cocks.
And that's rather more polite than at least one of them deserves.

IncoherentJeff

I don't mind private plates so much. Ones which attempt to spell words are naff, as are any plates in alternative fonts, dodgy spacing & football/other logos instead of the blue Euro GB.

Tho topping my list of pet number plate hates is vintage black & white plates on modern vehicles and cars usually BMW's with the Euro German logo on a clearly english format number plate.

I was thinking of getting a shorter one (less than 7 characters & a random jumble of letters/numbers) to hide the age of my motorbike. With standard font, letter spacing and none of the above I quite like them.

If you're near Uttoxeter you may spot afew 'JCB X' number plates, these are JCB employee's nice idea. Also means their representing the company as such I've never been cut up one.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Well we’ve both seen your personalised reg plates
And it’s not the worst crime I agree
But we both know full well that it really should spell
T-W-A-T-O-N-E.

The sainted Half Man Half Biscuit

Serious point here!!
I have been looking at buying a nice Mercedes - probably one about 6 years old with a view to keeping it for a good 10 years or more.

I really hate having to show the age of my car on the registration, so am I thrown in with all the other TO55 ERS if I just have a non year plate that is just random numbers/letters not spelling anything out?

Other option in consideration is to give the car a name - top of the list is EVA (Nice German name), so would a plate with EVA in it (EVA 345 or whatever) tip it over from the random option?

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Serious point here!!
I have been looking at buying a nice Mercedes - probably one about 6 years old with a view to keeping it for a good 10 years or more.

I really hate having to show the age of my car on the registration, so am I thrown in with all the other TO55 ERS if I just have a non year plate that is just random numbers/letters not spelling anything out?

Other option in consideration is to give the car a name - top of the list is EVA (Nice German name), so would a plate with EVA in it (EVA 345 or whatever) tip it over from the random option?

Its easier and cheaper just to get a henna tattoo get a cool hair cut leather jacket and admit your having a mid life crisis.

Top Bottom