Personal numberplates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Personalised number plates allow everyone who knows you to track you wherever you go... I knew a rep who drove one of only 3 bright orange Audis in the UK... his life wasn't his own as everybody knew who he was including the Police!

RWright

Guru
back in the late 80s a friend got a MUFF-DIVR personalized plate. He only kept it a year because of the constant reaction of other drivers blowing their horns and making comments (favorable) about it. I was surprised he was able to get it to start with. I don't have one but they are only about $30 extra a year here.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
when we changed our car a few weeks ago we transferred the registration from the old car to the new one purely because it had our initials !

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@biggs682 Is that easy to do? Is it very expensive to do?

My current car has a very short version of my first name and then my initials, and I would like to keep that plate, if and when, I buy another car.

Speicher quite a bit of paperwork to do and £80 so not too bad , feel free to pm me and i will get my p.a to explain more

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thank you :thumbsup:

A link to the right department would be very helpful. I assume your p.a. is not back at work until Tuesday. ;)

ok will try and find one

jim55

Guru
my ex got me g10 jym a few yr ago ,id rather have one not relating to my name but she paid to get it transferred and im not paying 80 quid to get a non personal plate back!i cant get rid of it without paying i dont think
and its on a bmw as well so am i a double tosser lol

[QUOTE 2472499, member: 259"]Seriously, why? I couldn't care less if anyone knows how old my car is*, what's the problem?

*Nearly seven. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I accept I should have a number plate for identification but that plate has no need to be date related, so why am I made to have one? Simply because the date system was put in for the car industry not the public.

I don't mind if people know my car's age, the objection is being made to display that age.

I am not the type that would buy a newer car simply as the present one had an old reg (My car is 13 years old on a W reg) but why am I made to advertise it as being an old car where others may judge me?

Rant over

Top Bottom