Personal numberplates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You can keep whatever you want peeled, my lad, IIRC that combination - and several others - was never issued.

The DVLA’s ‘propriety committee’ has withheld plates with letter and number combinations that spell out words such as ‘arse’, ‘bonk’, ‘bum’, ‘drugs’ and ‘slags’. The group meets twice a year to vet potentially offensive registration numbers before they are released in March and September. It looks at the sequences of numbers and letters to be used on plates to check if any appear to spell out words they deem inappropriate.

Plates including SH12 EDD, BO11 CKS and anything ending with KOK have been banned according to lists released under the Freedom of Information Act. Also censored are *S** HAG, TW** AAT and UP** YOU, where the stars denote different combinations of other numbers and letters.

Drivers are not able to get their hands on BL08 JOB, 51 LUT, BB11 TCH, K11 LLA and BU62 GER.
The DVLA has also stopped plates with racist or extremist overtones, such as DA** RKY, MU11 AHS and Y11 DOS.
Insults popular with young people including SP**AZZ and M0**NGS, which are offensive terms for someone with a learning disability, have also not been allowed.

Currently numberplates that end in the common text message abbreviations OMG and WTF are still allowed, but the DVLA said that these too may soon be added to the banned list. A spokesman for the DVLA said: ‘The vast majority of registration numbers are made available but we have a responsibility to ensure that the combinations used do not cause offence.

‘We try to identify combinations that may cause offence and, having considered the appropriateness of these registration numbers, we have withdrawn them as they could cause offence or embarrassment on the grounds of political or racial sensitivities or are in poor taste.’

Linford

The DVLA’s ‘propriety committee’ has withheld plates with letter and number combinations that spell out words such as ‘arse’, ‘bonk’, ‘bum’, ‘drugs’ and ‘slags’. The group meets twice a year to vet potentially offensive registration numbers before they are released in March and September. It looks at the sequences of numbers and letters to be used on plates to check if any appear to spell out words they deem inappropriate.

Plates including SH12 EDD, BO11 CKS and anything ending with KOK have been banned according to lists released under the Freedom of Information Act. Also censored are *S** HAG, TW** AAT and UP** YOU, where the stars denote different combinations of other numbers and letters.

Drivers are not able to get their hands on BL08 JOB, 51 LUT, BB11 TCH, K11 LLA and BU62 GER.
The DVLA has also stopped plates with racist or extremist overtones, such as DA** RKY, MU11 AHS and Y11 DOS.
Insults popular with young people including SP**AZZ and M0**NGS, which are offensive terms for someone with a learning disability, have also not been allowed.

Currently numberplates that end in the common text message abbreviations OMG and WTF are still allowed, but the DVLA said that these too may soon be added to the banned list. A spokesman for the DVLA said: ‘The vast majority of registration numbers are made available but we have a responsibility to ensure that the combinations used do not cause offence.

‘We try to identify combinations that may cause offence and, having considered the appropriateness of these registration numbers, we have withdrawn them as they could cause offence or embarrassment on the grounds of political or racial sensitivities or are in poor taste.’

They actually take them from owners ?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The DVLA’s ‘propriety committee’ has withheld plates with letter and number combinations that spell out words such as ‘arse’, ‘bonk’, ‘bum’, ‘drugs’ and ‘slags’. The group meets twice a year to vet potentially offensive registration numbers before they are released in March and September. It looks at the sequences of numbers and letters to be used on plates to check if any appear to spell out words they deem inappropriate.’
.... and too late, I have finally found my true vocation in life. I should SOOOOO be on that team....
I bet it's a proper giggle

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
I used to have K 2HYS on my motorbike and then transferred it to my car when the bike was sold, got a few stop checks but never done for it (always correct typeface ANPR has no probs reading it)
For my 30th the wife bought me XR11YSX which I kept on rentention till it was time to replace the old car,
It all started on my 8th birthday and was bought a framed picture of a Porsche with RHYS on the number plate
I'm not up myself but just love my name as its not very common also makes my car easier to find in the car park :rolleyes:

Linford

I used to have K 2HYS on my motorbike and then transferred it to my car when the bike was sold, got a few stop checks but never done for it (always correct typeface ANPR has no probs reading it)
For my 30th the wife bought me XR11YSX which I kept on rentention till it was time to replace the old car,
It all started on my 8th birthday and was bought a framed picture of a Porsche with RHYS on the number plate
I'm not up myself but just love my name as its not very common also makes my car easier to find in the car park :rolleyes:

It is if you live in Wales :thumbsup:

Herbie

Veteran
In the last few weeks, I've seen a Bentley with the numberplate 5 PEN and a Jaguar with 4 RCH. Might it be that Spen and Arch have a larger carbon footprint than they've let on? And now Arch has a Jag, can the baby elephant be far behind? :?:

personal plates are for knob heads

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

It is in my school and they're all twats.

Top Bottom