Personal numberplates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I used to have the plate H317DGG. It was personal; no-one else in the UK had the same number.

Some of these "look at me" plates are quite good; others are pointless. If your name is Paul, for example, are you really so vain that you have to rearrange the spacing and use a "4" as an "A" on your plate to let everyone know? Seen plenty of P4 UL* plates mis-represented as P4UL *

And..... people from Oban, do you need to let us all know? Any number with the last 3 letters being "BAN" preceded by a zero have been snapped up by residents. e.g. N30 BAN is shown as N3 OBAN. Until the Police cracked down on it; now they are all back to the legal format and look stupid :laugh:.

Brandane

Legendary Member
2723752 said:
What came of the "Why are you not catching real criminals campaign"?

1. It's Oban we're talking about.
2. They have to be in legal font and format for the electronic number plate recognition equipment to work.
3. The "Why are you not catching real criminals campaign" is nothing to do with me. I used to be one of Strathclydes finest, and was on the receiving end of such bollox with monotonous regularity. It was always guaranteed to ensure that discretion went out the window.

byegad

Legendary Member
I'm feeling left out because I don't owna car. Why can't bikes have number plates?
That's a completely different barrel of fish. One best left unopened.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Jings crivvens man and help ma boab, ye cannae say such things aboot that fair toon and it's fine upstanding burghers:biggrin:!

Absolutely; 'tis a wonderful place and fine folks reside there! If only they hadn't bought all those zer0BAN plates :smile:.
They're not much better around here, although there is less scope for such vanity. We have L4 RGS; L8 RGS; L11 RGS (with strategically placed screw), and other similar combinations. Guess where I live!

Brains

Legendary Member
The local owner of a wine bar near us had a matching his n hers pair of porche turbo 911's
Both had the number TURBO
TUR 80 and TUR 130

Top Bottom