Personalised cycle shirts... CC

Should we get some CycleChat personalised cycle shirt/jersey printed up?

• Yes, fantastic how did I ever live without one

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I might show up on the radar

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I would rather cycle naked...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
um, not sure - does the material of the shirt matter? I've only seen stuff that works on cotton - would nylon stand the heat? I guess shops that so that sort of thing could advise on whether artificial fibres work.. What are those football shirts made of?

I guess if a suitable gap was left, we could all arrange our own names, if we wished too - so it's good for anyone who wants to be anonymous.

we'd need to have an agreement on typeface and size, or we'll end up with people using comic sans and that would never do

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, I'd prefer a less handwriting-y font. Just easier to read...

SamNichols

I'm in, although I'm happy enough without having my user name on it. I liked the black and orange/blue and orange combo, and would be happy enough with either.

gbyers

If that's the case, does anyone know where you can get iron-on lettering from, smaller than that used by footballers?

You can get the lettering done quite small on football shirts.

My son has a Celtic replica shirt with possibly the longest name in British football on it.

Vennegoor of Hesselink

Anyone got longer user name!!

Really like the designs. Striking and smart.

Will there be a range of colours available, or just one design in one set of colours?

I think the issue of forum names on the shirts is interesting: i.e. would they be worn to identify fellow forummers as a group (no forum names) or worn as a unique, personalised shirt? If people are getting their own names put on, perhaps an area for this on the shirt could be left blank.

Sizing would be crucial. It would be great to have chest sizes etc in 'real' inches rather than S,M,L and so on.

What kind of cost per shirt?

Bigtallfatbloke

I also prefer whippets design...

...thinking about it I don't think it's crucial that we have our monickers on the shirts anyway ...after all if we see a shirt we are sure to stop and chat anyway I'd suggest.

..alsow emight want to give some thought to things like small pockets, zips etc

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I also prefer whippets design...

..alsow emight want to give some thought to things like small pockets, zips etc

Whippets design does have three pockets across the back.

beanzontoast said:
Sizing would be crucial. It would be great to have chest sizes etc in 'real' inches rather than S,M,L and so on.

In terms of sizing that would depend on who we choose to make them, the suggestions so far are:

beanzontoast said:
What kind of cost per shirt?

With all these thing, the first order is always the most expensive as it includes the one off set up cost (unless there was some sponsorship for that). The cost per shirt and minimum order can get got from the web sites, but looks like it can be done for £20 or less, plus postage etc.

For what it's worth I like Whippets design as well.

Bigtallfatbloke

Th eonly one i would buy would be the fernando xxxl 46 chest and 40 waist which is still way to small....in fact I would nee dto consider that carefully...I mean how long is it going to take to lose 6 inches off my waist realistcially....my only hope might be if it were made out of very stretchable material.

There are a lot of good designs and suggestions.
I, too, like whippet's blue and orange design (but with 'Dayvo' name of course :thumbsup:).

Bigtallfatbloke! Mr Hippo on the old C+ site had a 'team' of heavyweights and their progress regarding cycling times/distances and weight loss/measurement sizes was very impressive and admirable.
A lot of us here have been a few sizes larger before (me, 110 kg in 2003 to 92kg now, for example :thumbsup:).

postman

Legendary Member
Hairy Jock sorry to put the mockers on your price range.But i would think we could be looking at thirty five pounds.Unless the market has become cut throat since i last ordered some company shirts.

Jack

beanzontoast said:
Postman - looking in my LBS, £30-£40 seems pretty average for a basic (i.e. functional, but not top brand name) shirt, so I'd be happy with that price range. What do others think?

Roughly what I would expect.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
postman said:
Hairy Jock sorry to put the mockers on your price range.But i would think we could be looking at thirty five pounds.Unless the market has become cut throat since i last ordered some company shirts.

I think I may have been a bit optimistic there, I based it on the prices had seen on the Fernando Carvalho Ciclismo site looking at the Short-sleeve 1/4 zip jersey, but I think I forgot to add in the cost of one off design fee. Of course the larger the first order the smaller the cost per item. There is also a surcharge for orders of less than 10 items. Looking at the FCC order form I also noticed there is a £3.04 charge for an individual name on kit, I hope that would be optional. By the way I am using the prices from FCC as an example only because they are easy to find, and I haven't looked at the others, there maybe better prices out there.

Top Bottom