Personalised cycle shirts... CC

Should we get some CycleChat personalised cycle shirt/jersey printed up?

• Yes, fantastic how did I ever live without one

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I might show up on the radar

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I would rather cycle naked...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Just tried running some figures through the FCC order form (NB, as I have said above this is just as an example it is not the final choice). If the order was for 34 Short-sleeve 1/4 zip jerseys, which is their cheapest jersey, the cost including design fee and VAT without postage would be £25.64 each.

So as a ball park figure £30 including postage, looks reasonable. I have attached a copy of the spreadsheet for you to try for your selves. What do you all think?

Hairy Jock!

It looks good from here.

If the quality is good then the price you quoted is very good.

postman

Legendary Member
What we need is a company that will do LARGE sizes.Iam 6-4 and 15-10 my best works shirt is size 8 had it specially made i like them baggy.I thought maybe go for a relaxed fit rather than skin.my waist floats between 38-40.

postman

Legendary Member
Sorry about this but the beer and hefty dose of Highland Park is slowing me down.But the CTC has just announced it's own special shirt design out with the next edition of their mag Cycle.So let us see what they have come up with and what price and which company made their shirts. Better to wait and get it right first time.

Chris James

Über Member
For what it is worth I like the blue and orange shirt design best. Not fussed about having my name on it, though £3.04 sounds cheap enough as an optional extra.

Does anyone have any experience of buying one of the possible jerseys listed and know what the quality is like? I would want something relatively breathable and not too baggy a fit as I am pigeon chested! But obviously it will have to cater for all shapes and sizes to cover the forum so a full on roaadie slim fit jersey is unliklely to fit the bill.

longers

Legendary Member
Well done on all the designs and that. Good work.

I'd like one please. FWIW I prefer the dark blue and green one from Big Tall Fat Blokes designs (couldn't we change the website design to suit the shirt? - Shaun seems very accomodating in most respects). I'll go along with the majority on a final decision though.

TimO

Guru
At the risk of being repetitive, I also quite like Whippets design, and using the same colours as the site seems the most appropriate.

£35 doesn't sound unreasonable, you can easily pay that for fairly bog standard off the shelf stuff.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
beanzontoast said:
Any developments on this or are we waiting to see what happens with the CTC one? Maybe this thread needs making a sticky?

Having started the tread, I feel I ought to do something about it. So the position we are in so far is, a number of designs have been suggested and several makers. So we need to choose one design, which probably means a new thread with a new poll.

Then once the winning design has been chosen get some real quotes from the makers (see if any of them can do bigger sizes as some people would like). Then check that there are still enough takers to make an order worth while, if yes take orders and get em made up.

When I started this I didn't envision following it through, but as there is so much interest in it, I now feel maybe I should. But I am not in a position to move very fast, (as I am about to move house), I probably wouldn't be in a position to start ordering things until the end of Sept at the earliest, should be able to get them for Christmas;). Of course if someone else wants to take it, use let me know.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Looking back through the thread today I see there were a few people interesting in helping to organise things. Rather that try to get organised over the open forum like this, could send me a PM if you would like to help.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
As far as I work out you can only have one poll per thread, hence there are now two threads. At the present time I/we are not ready to take orders, when I/we are some advanced payment will be needed.

If anyone would like to help could send me a PM please.

Top Bottom