1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet hates

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Keith Oates, 17 Feb 2008.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

We've had threads about the best and worst looking bikes etc. so what about one regarding the 'pet hates' we have in the cycling world. For me I hate the way that aero wheels have the manufactures name in big white letters on them, ZIP and HED come to mind. I also don't like the huge letter on the down tube such as CERVELO. Any one else like to add there non favorites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

I like ZIPP and Cervelo, so they don't bother me one iota :biggrin:

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

wafflycat, I'm not knocking the products I just think the logos or names detract from the appearance wheels. bikes etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

I like them on there

5. I hate those flashing LED lights that have peculiar patterns on the flash setting, rather than just all the LEDs flashing all at once. They're much less visible than steady or regularly flashing LED lamps.

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Fair comment, so is there anything cycling related that you don't like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. girofan

girofan New Member

Big globby welds on the junction of frame tubes, particularly aluminium bikes. Whatever happened to internal joining of tubes as produced by Peugeot some years ago?
    I realise that lugs make a frame heavier and cost more to produce, but at least they look nice!

8. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

£69.99 BSOs from Halfrauds, supermarkets & toyshops. Made from gas-pipe with components of cheese.

9. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I do like the "chaser" pattern ones - if you're not running a steady/flashing combo of lights, I think these make it slightly easier to judge distance than an all on/all off flashing pattern.

10. The thing I don't like about them is you've only got one LED lit up at once, especially on the cheaper ones. I've never had a problem judging distances with the flashing ones, certainly not compared with the problems I sometimes have seeing people in the first place because of their absurd rear lights.:biggrin:

11. Wind, and rain, and cold, and low sun, and fog, and cars, and pedestrians, and roundabouts, and hills (up)

12. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Tyres that are a struggle to get on and off.

13. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Idiots cycling at night with no lights whatsoever.

14. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine

The fact that there's at least 25% more of me than I would like there to be!!!!!!!!!

15. got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit New Member

The ITM lite bars on my Bianchi cos i cant get light brackets/cycle computers etc to fit on em and end up using cable ties and insulating tape which looks sh*t