Pet hates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

I really really hate cable ferrules that rust into the frame guides, and then snap off so you can't pull them out.

My choice of hate is significantly influenced by my failed attempt at changing my cables last night. Bah.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The fact that when I follow advice or instructions on adjusting brakes, gears etc, it invariably ends up worse than when I started. Clearly not my own ineptitude, but the fault of any product i have ever tried to adjust. ;)

Fnaar said:
The fact that when I follow advice or instructions on adjusting brakes, gears etc, it invariably ends up worse than when I started. Clearly not my own ineptitude, but the fault of any product i have ever tried to adjust. ;)

ROFL that's the same for me. I've got some new brakes to fit on my tourer later on and I know it will end in tears. They're those frogleg style CX brakes that apparently stop you dead - my current cantis are rubbish.

Oh and I'll add another pet hate. Front mechs. How to get them set up and adjusted in such a way that they don't start rubbing a few miles down the road is a mystery to me. The one on my tourer drives me crazy. I think it's OK, and then...noooo. It rubs like a goodun.

bobbyp

Integrated headsets
Integrated seatposts

Anything else which means that adjusting the size of my bike is a one-off exercise so I either have an fugly stack of headset spacers or a reasonably neat looking front end and an uncomfortable position.

And don't get me started on new bottom bracket designs every 3 weeks....

wafflycat

Gerry Attrick said:
As if to illustrate my moan above....................

Going to work this morning in my car (ok, ok I know, but you try carting 350kilos of kit on a bike) at 0500 hrs., -5C and fog that thick you could shovel it, and I am approaching a roundabout on an unlit road at 15 mph. I'm just about to turn left but something tells me wait. I don't know what clues I picked up on because I saw nothing, but I hesitated. From my right comes a yellow 'bent piloted by what can only be described as a stupid, thick, ignorant pillock with no lights whatsoever! My gob was so smacked I had to blink a few times in case I had croaked and gone over to the other side. I so needed to "discuss" this matter with the pillock....I mean pilot, but following traffic made this a no-no.

See http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=190457&postcount=13 It's not just cyclists..

Top Bottom