Pet hates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... alternately, people who allow their children to walk up to people's dogs when they're tied up outside the shops, or wherever, and proceed to try and pet them even though the dog is clearly scared.
This happened a few times when I used to take a former Ms RT's dog (my step-dog, I suppose that made her:biggrin:) walking. I sometimes stopped at the shop and left her tied up outside for two minutes and I remember coming out and finding the poor thing all tangled in her lead, trying to get away from three idiot children who were trying to pet her. I confronted their mother about it and she told me they were "only being friendly". Yes, well you can see she's terrified, and if she bites one of your idiot children you'll be the first calling for her to be put down.:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
As an owner of a a big dog I am very aware of my responsibilities. She is more scared of what who she comes into contact with than they are of her.

It is not right that people should be worried by her and I do everything to keep everybody happy and it is more right that they should not scare her either.
A few years ago I lost it because some lads chucked snowballs at her while she was tied up waiting for me outside a shop. They had the chase of their lives. She loves it if you run away :biggrin:.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Brakes, V-brake and similar type ones I mean. They are completely resistant to any kind of adjustment whatsoever by normal human beings. Thank God I've got hydraulic disc brakes, which have the added advantage of also stopping the bike during the same week in which you pulled the levers.

All-the-gear, no-idea cyclists (or any so-called 'sports person', eg skiing, tennis etc.) who have the most expensive equipment and can't use it/perform!

Unfriendly cyclists.

Peds in cycle lanes in built-up areas.

Having to have a bell on the bike (in Sweden, anyway).

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Integrated headsets
RLJ-ers
Drivers who sit in the middle lane on the motorway
People who fail to say thankyou when you hold the door open for them
My job
Unfriendly cyclists +1
Barnsley FC
Liverpool (yet another season of under-performing) FC

I am mildly annoyed by:

The entirety of singletrackworld.com. What a bunch of tossers.
Bridlepaths which are made of clay
Having to wait until september to go to the outer hebrides
Living a long way from anywhere decent to mtb
The fact that Tracklogs is not an alternative VR universe that I can just step into
Not being able to go to the alps this year...

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Gerry Attrick said:
Idiots cycling at night with no lights whatsoever.

As if to illustrate my moan above....................

Going to work this morning in my car (ok, ok I know, but you try carting 350kilos of kit on a bike) at 0500 hrs., -5C and fog that thick you could shovel it, and I am approaching a roundabout on an unlit road at 15 mph. I'm just about to turn left but something tells me wait. I don't know what clues I picked up on because I saw nothing, but I hesitated. From my right comes a yellow 'bent piloted by what can only be described as a stupid, thick, ignorant pillock with no lights whatsoever! My gob was so smacked I had to blink a few times in case I had croaked and gone over to the other side. I so needed to "discuss" this matter with the pillock....I mean pilot, but following traffic made this a no-no.

So, person who was riding said yellow 'bent on the outskirts of Grimsby early doors today, you are an irresponsible disgrace to yourself in particular and cycling in general. I don't know how your muscles manage to function at all given the single celled brain you clearly possess, but if you are still alive and kicking after your journey home today, I would be amazed if you survive much longer should you persist in your folly. Just please, please don't involve me in your "accident".

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Dog owners who, when calling their dogs, say things like "Come to Mummy.', Mummy loves you."
Letting dogs eat from the owner's plate.
Posters who ask "What bike can I get for £XXXX?" Turn the question around, tell us your needs, what use you intend to put the bike to, your budget and experience or are you telling us that you are rich? I can spend £XXX on a bike but I would have to justify it to me first!
Posters who tell newbies that their bike is crap and they should buy a Super-duper carbon jobby with gold plated fittings.
Posters who resort to personal insults when they are getting nowhere in a forum debate - normal friendly banter excluded.
Snobbery in any form.
Inverted snobbery in any form.
'Animal Farm' cyclists - you know the type "Two wheels good - four wheels bad!"

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yikes gerry! That seem quite odd to me - by the time most people 'progress' to a 'bent, you'd think they'd be sensible road cyclists, and have stuff like lights..... Especially out in the sticks in a place like Grimsby (I mean, I might think that in a city like London, there might be racy risk taking 'bent owners, but somewhere like Grimsby, it must be pretty exotic...)

I wonder if it was nicked?

Top Bottom