Pet hates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Cycling clothes that seem to be sooooooo bleedin expensive just cos they are "cycle specific" and whats the crack with some cycle front lamps costing in excess of £150

Mini pumps that wont get over a 90 pound of pressure unless you have arms like garth.

I Hate it when your cycle light batteries die in the middle of a pitch black country lane.

Chavs in citroen Saxos that like to shout things at you from the windows of their gigantic exhausted dick head mobiles (apologies to anyone on the forum who owns a saxo but c'mon you really should know better)

stevenb

2nd for poor road surfaces.
2nd for Saxo chav owners...we encountered a group today who shouted at us and pulled faces while flashing the cars lights...I just laughed at them...:laugh:
I agree with you about the work getting in the way too longers...but soon the nights will be long enough for a quick blast after work. :biggrin:

Saddle bum

Über Member
I have a down on scruffy cyclists, especially riders in worn out club gear. Dirty bikes are another hate. If we are supposed to present a positive image to the ignorant public, it does not help looking like a tramp on a manure heap.

gbb

Legendary Member
girofan said:
Big globby welds on the junction of frame tubes, particularly aluminium bikes. Whatever happened to internal joining of tubes as produced by Peugeot some years ago?
I realise that lugs make a frame heavier and cost more to produce, but at least they look nice!

Thats exactly what put me off the Spesh Allez...unfortunatey the 'plain' paintjob didnt do anything to disguise it either.

Pet hate for me....the absolute rabid belief shown by some that 'their' way or opinion...is the ONLY one that is right.
Its as though NO-ONE else could possibly hold an different view thats equally credible or relevent. :biggrin:

Saddle bum said:
I have a down on scruffy cyclists, especially riders in worn out club gear. Dirty bikes are another hate. If we are supposed to present a positive image to the ignorant public, it does not help looking like a tramp on a manure heap.

I don't think this is true at all. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not in the market for presenting an image to "the ignorant public", I'm just going to work (or was, when I commuted regularly on a bike). The very idea that I might have to get all dolled up just to ride to work is ridiculous - I've always been God's own scruffy bastard and I'm not about to change now! And the very idea of cleaning my bike more than twice a year (as long as it's mechanically spot on) is absurd. They get dirty when they're used properly and when I'm working 12 hours every day the last thing I want to do is spend time cleaning the bloody bike.

bonj2

gbb said:
Thats exactly what put me off the Spesh Allez...unfortunatey the 'plain' paintjob didnt do anything to disguise it either.

Pet hate for me....the absolute rabid belief shown by some that 'their' way or opinion...is the ONLY one that is right.
Its as though NO-ONE else could possibly hold an different view thats equally credible or relevent. :biggrin:
like people that claim having QR levers on one side or the other is 'wrong'.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
(Sorry, I'm replying to Bonj here...)

Well, the rear one is better off on the side the mech isn't on - it's a bit easier to do up as there's less stuff in the way. The front one, it doesn't make much difference.
Except that if you get the front wheel in the other way round to how you normally have it, your computer stops working, because the magnet is on the wrong side.

*finds self agreeing with Bonj again*
*worries:biggrin:*

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
people who leave their dog of the leash, then when it runs up to your small children (who get scared by the large toothed animal charging in their direction) shout "it's ok he's friendly". tell that to a terrified two year old.

personally, i'd bring back the dog licence, with compulsory datachipping and dna profiling.

Dave5N

Über Member
alecstilleyedye said:
people who leave their dog of the leash, then when it runs up to your small children (who get scared by the large toothed animal charging in their direction) shout "it's ok he's friendly". tell that to a terrified two year old.

personally, i'd bring back the dog licence, with compulsory datachipping and dna profiling.

I'm with you on this, Alexetc.

I got told those very words from a middle-aged woman whos 2 ft plus high dog had caharged at my less than 2 ft daughter.

Top Bottom