Phrases I`m getting increasingly sick of hearing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't know how wide spread this is, but I hear a lot of this sort of thing,

"I like that me"

"I" would suffice.
Leeds variant, "Me, I like that"

Flakey

"nom, nom, nom" - grow up its tasty or delicious.
Adults who use "sleeps" as a unit of measurement - "Ooh its only four sleeps till my holiday".
Millennials who think the single word "boomer" is an adequate put down in any argument with someone over the age of 50.
People who use the word "Super" as in "I'd love to help but I'm 'super' busy".

AndyRM

XOXO
It's weird how different people have different limits on how many letters this acronym should have. LGBTQIA+ is roughly mine, some say it is exclusionary, and even the definition of Q is divisive. Some say it means "queer", others "questioning". Any man who has ever looked at Brian Blessed automatically falls under the umbrella of "questioning" so I'm not sure how useful a term that is.

Then on the other end of the spectrum you have transphobes like those who call themselves the "LGB Alliance" who purport to be supportive of those who spent centuries being erased, criminalised and subjected to violence and murder, clamouring for the erasure of trans folks.

I agree with you about the letter thing, which I struggle with sometimes as an active member of the community, though generally I think the more letters the merrier as the more inclusive everyone is, the better. And now, in a moment of total hypocrisy I'll say that anyone who supports the LGB Alliance can absolutely f*ck right off. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that Graham Linehan is a fan.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
It seems language has become very annoying to some people. I'll tolerate most of it; maybe not randomers calling me 'mate', 'sir' is also weird.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Nah, I'm a Sport man through and through. "...and our reporter made his excuses and left..."
Have you been reading The Sun again?
Reading?

Top Bottom