Phrases I`m getting increasingly sick of hearing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Your call is important to us. We apologise for the delay. No it isn't or you would employ more staff.

We record your call for training porpoises.

Click here to watch the most hilarious video you will ever see
. No. It won't be hilarious, it'll be garbage.

Headlines Where Every Word is Capitalised Except Words of Two Letters or Less.

postman

Legendary Member
Your call is important to us. We apologise for the delay. No it isn't or you would employ more staff.

Two last week.One to First Bus Leeds.I gave up in the end i was walking to another bus service as ours had failed again.Then the Leeds Teaching Hospitals,to cancel an appointment.During the wait the message told me i could cancel online.So i pulled up the page and filled in the form before my call was answered I then stopped the call.

Smudge

Veteran
People on forums who claim they have just spat coffee over their keyboard over something funny. Liars.
People who claim they are scared of clowns. Such a cliche and no one ever said that before the film It.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Whereas everything seems to be "lush" around Bristol.

Anybody ever come into contact with Weegies (Glaswegians)? Ever get amused hearing how everything is "Pure dead brilliant"? Hearing the different ways of ending sentences such as "So ah did, so ah will" and the perennial "but" as a full stop.

"Ah went oot on the bike the other day so ah did and it was pure dead brilliant so it was but"

That's cos everything is 'Lush' roundabout Brizzle way.. :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
People on forums who claim they have just spat coffee over their keyboard over something funny. Liars.
People who claim they are scared of clowns. Such a cliche and no one ever said that before the film It.

I've always had an aversion to clowns.

Creepy, unfunny guys* overly interested in 'entertaining' children.

I've no idea which film you mean tho.
I'm unlikely to have watched it, if it contained clowns.

I think you can only get a job as a TV presenter if you overdose on happy pills and can say fantastic at every opportunity.
Love watching autumn/winter/springwatch shows, but the presenters must be competing to see who can clock up the most 'fantastics' in an episode. Saw all the Timeteam stuff not so long ago, same problem, how can a piece of broken crock be 'fantastic'............in every episode :angry:

Literally.

Why do so many of my younger work colleagues seem to have to add "literally" to every single thing they say?

"I literally haven't had my lunch yet."
"It literally cost me a tenner."
"I was literally driving down the dual carriageway and this Ford literally overtook me.." well if it didn't overtake you what else did it do?:stop:
They don’t know the difference between ‘figuratively speaking’ and ‘literally’. Bless :rolleyes:

Smudge

Veteran

Yes, but you're not scared of them are you. No one really is, apart from maybe small children.
'It' was a Stephen King book, later made into film. Surprised that anyone has not heard of that.

The official term for fear of clowns is Coulrophobia. The movie ‘It’ ( a film adaptation of a Stephen King novel) didn’t exactly help people with this condition. Nor did the serial killer John Wayne Gacy, who was a clown in his spare time ( Patches, and later Pogo the clown).

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I was as a kid,

Now I'm a grown up I'm not scared in the same way.

I tend to avoid all things of the horror / grisly crime genre, in general though - I believe that's the kind of thing Stephen King goes in for?

I spend too many nights alone, in a tent, in the middle-of--nowhere, to want images of that sort going round my already impressionable mind at 4 am :sad:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There was a craze a year or two ago for yobbos to don a clown mask to startle passers-by.

Some people found it genuinely distressing.

I saw one lad get a short stretch for it.

There was a craze a year or two ago for yobbos to don a clown mask to startle passers-by.

Some people found it genuinely distressing.

I saw one lad get a short stretch for it.
That started as a viral marketing campaign for the ‘reboot’ of the movie ‘It’. Originally proper actors were paid to dress up as clowns ( proper professional outfits and make up) and randomly appear on street corners, or dark corners of parking lots. There were strict rules, they must not move, or make any sound. They must be in a public area. If they were challenged, they must immediately tell who they were, and what they were doing. Unfortunately, internet idiots, who didn’t know about the marketing campaign, started being idiots all over the place, without understanding what the original idea was. “Hur hur hur, I saw something on the Internet, missed the point completely, and now I’m going to copy it brainlessly, because I’m a thick sheep”

Top Bottom