Pilot Bikes, Dutch Ti frames

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harry Jacques

Pilot, Van Nicholas, j.guillem: vive les vélos néerlandais en titane!:notworthy::bicycle::wub:

mangid

Guru
Awesome looking bike.

I had the same bottle cages on my Burls, and the one on the down tube (most often used) failed fairly quickly, < 1 year, the top tab with the bolt hole fractured across the hole. I'm now using Specialized Ti cages and, touch wood, they have had no issues.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Awesome looking bike.

I had the same bottle cages on my Burls, and the one on the down tube (most often used) failed fairly quickly, < 1 year, the top tab with the bolt hole fractured across the hole. I'm now using Specialized Ti cages and, touch wood, they have had no issues.

I'll look in to the specialized cages, thanks for the heads up :okay: Whilst these ones look nice they don't hold the bottle very well and putting the bottle back in is a bit clunky... If they fail early too that sounds like a great reason for an upgrade :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Awesome looking bike.

Had the same cages and both failed.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Lifeline brand from Wiggle. £3.99. Match titanium very nicely.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I had a 75 quid voucher for Evan's so have ordered two of these:

supacaz-fly-cage-carbon-bottle-cage-p340562-520135_image.jpg

Also ordered a few other odds and sods to make up the value, hopefully they'll look the part but will have to wait and see :laugh:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Hi John, You are riding this bike for Some Months now. Are you still happy with it and what is your riding experience?

Hi Harry! I've only done around 500 miles but I've thoroughly enjoyed each one :laugh: Its a fabulous bike to ride - smooth and comfortable over the tarmac yet feels sharp in turns and is certainly no slouch :okay:

The pandemic situation has interrupted my cycling plans so I havent done the outdoor mileage I had hoped to have done at this point in the year. This frameset is for life though so that doesn't really matter in the long run :okay:

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Veturi to others :becool: Its a fine bicycle indeed :okay:

Do you think you will be ordering one at some point?

Harry Jacques

I hesitate john, between this Pilot Veturi, their gravelracer Pilot Scram Pinion, with Pinion gearbox, and the other dutch titan bike J. Guillem, the Atalaya. Unfortunately i lossed my job 18 months ago and i m happy i found a new one april this Year. But i hope later this year inhave enough money to buy one off this 3, so i can use it in the beginning of 2021...

Top Bottom