Pinarello Pista Pina for sale at Cash Convertors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
Far be it for me to judge, but I noticed that the local Cash Convertors have this for sale.

https://webshop.cashconverters.co.u...narello-pista-pina-track-bike-collection-only

Now a brakeless track bike I would imagine to be generally owned by a cyclist with a keen track interest and when no longer wanted sold via the cycling community/velodrome community or even via fleabay.

The last place I would take it would be cash convertors, especially if I wanted reasonable money. Now i appreciate that some track cyclist may have needed a quick few quid, but I thought it was worth posting here just-in-case anyone should be missing one. It has been suggested to me that sometimes bikes are stolen and sometimes these stolen bikes appear in outlets such as Cash Coverts.

It has been on their site for at least a month.

bianchi1

Guru
Probably not used by a track rider as the bars are wrong and you wouldn't be allowed on a wooden velodrome with SPD cleats. Unless it's been nicked and then altered before being pawned, but that seems like a lot of effort.

Looks like a hipster project by someone with more cash than sense, then perhaps nicked or just swapped for some beard wax or tight jeans.

OP
OP
Tom B

Tom B

Guru
I wondered about the pedals, looking at the pictures they seem to have plenty of wear too.

I don't think they have hipsters in Bolton - I'm not sure it's allowed.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I love having a nose around these shops and have bought a few power tools and bits. Never offer the wanted price and suck your teeth whilst scratching your head making cheeky offers

S-Express

As Bianchi1 says - the bars are not legal for track, unless they previously had aero extensions fitted and it was used as a pursuit bike - either way it's a simple enough switch. Someone keen enough to ride pursuits is unlikely to be using SPDs, so it probably was owned by a fashionista with more money than sense. Probably a bit steep at £1k - the frame is nothing special (other than having Pina written on it) - wheels are quite decent though.

bladesman73

Über Member
crack converters

Top Bottom