Pinarello Veneto .... anyone ever owned one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dim

I've just bought one of these .... Not the most sought after Pinarello, but I got it for a very good price and it's in good condition (and it's my size) ... I have 2 other really good bikes, which are my 'fast bikes'

I will change the stem, the saddle and the handlebar tape (not sure with what and with what colour yet, but am leaning towards brown) and add some decent winter tyres such as Durano Plus (I will use it as my winter bike)

It does not have eyelets for mudguards, but I will see what's avaialbe and looks good

Has anyone owned one of these, and whats your comments? .... My intention is to ride it for a year, then sell for a profit and get better

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a nice looking frame - what Columbus tubing is it (sticker at top of seat tube (Aelle ? )

fossyant

Yey, says the Columbus expert.

Very nice frame. Also check the groupset as it might be Sante - quite rare. It was at 105 level, but it's quite sort after by some folk...

Reactions: dim

fossyant

PS Stem is OK, just need to slam it ! Seat post looks like an ITM. Saddle is horrible. Brake levers are newer Aero ones, which is fine as that's what I did to mine - looks like the brake callipers are dual pivot.

You may have some rather good rims there also ! Photo's when delivered please !

fossyant

Possibly 105 Aero pedals - plastic cage !

Some nice vintage late 80's kit.

fossyant

Just to note, I have bikes the same age with 600/Ultegra and Dura Ace, and my mate had 105. You might make a few bob out of the chainset, believe it or not. Sante was limited edition - not my cup of tea, but it does sell.
I still have my two bikes of the same vintage.

OP
OP
dim

dim

PS Stem is OK, just need to slam it ! Seat post looks like an ITM. Saddle is horrible. Brake levers are newer Aero ones, which is fine as that's what I did to mine - looks like the brake callipers are dual pivot.

You may have some rather good rims there also ! Photo's when delivered please !

could make it really nice .... I have campy chorus on my s-works bike and could switch that over and get campy record for the s-works

spotted these saddles recently: http://lehcyclinggoods.com/
leh+seats+examples++4.jpg

they make good bartape aswell:
en+X+Traditional+Leather+Bar+Wrap+Road+bars+brown+-fizik-arione-brogue-cork+bar+ends-wax+twine+2.jpg

but I'd only spend that money if I was certain that I'd keep the bike for a long time ... so, I will be a bit conservative on the spending but hope to sell it it a year for double what I paid :becool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom