Pinarello Veneto .... anyone ever owned one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
could make it really nice .... I have campy chorus on my s-works bike and could switch that over and get campy record for the s-works

spotted these saddles recently: http://lehcyclinggoods.com/
View attachment 333683
they make good bartape aswell:
View attachment 333684

but I'd only spend that money if I ws certain that I'd keep the bike for a long time

No.

Needs period components. It's a good frame but I wouldn't stick modern stuff on it (other than Athena silver alloy). You also need to check the rear triangle as it may not be 130mm (should be though). It's a good cromo, but it doesn't have SL or SLX thoroughbred. Aelle was single butted chromo, SL is double butted, and SLX has spirals inside the tubing for added strength (slightly heavier) (just like the new Dogma's). SLX and TSX was what the Pro's used. TSX was rather thin, and you don't see many, if any frames still in existence.

Reactions: dim

fossyant

i'm not keen on tubs :sad:

Sell the wheels ! Classic bike forums. And the groupset

Reactions: dim

fossyant

How much was it/is it worth?

Nobody knows.... why care. It's a good bike, use it. It was mid range !

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I asked because he said it would sell at double it's value in a year. I was intrigued. Are we talking a £200 bike? A £1000 bike? A £5000 bike?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Looks nice but that black stem is hideous either replace it or get busy with the paint-stripper and the Solvol.

As for the wheels you should be able to get a pair of half decent clinchers for £100-150 (higher price if you need a new free-hub) just stick to silver and at least 32 spokes to look 'right'.

Top Bottom