Pinarello Veneto .... anyone ever owned one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dim

dim

Nice bike. Recently bought a Colnago with Columbus Aelle and was surprised how heavy it is.

from what I've read on other forums, it weighs approx 10kg ....

schorsch

DSC_1150 (Copy).JPG
Hello dim,

I have just come across this thread surfing the web for new decals for my own Pinarello Veneto. So I hope my late reply will still be of interest to you. View attachment 347943 View attachment 347943

It was my first "serious" race bike when I bought it in 1989/1990. Its price then was around €750 (actually 1500 German marks) which was a fortune for a pupil taking his A-Level. But I haven't regretted it for a single day, it is a beautiful, manoeuvrable, classical bike which came along with a decent equipment (Shimano 105 group, double-pivot brakes), I only changed the quill pedals for clipless ones. In the meantime it got a fresh layer of powder-coating.

So, congratulations for the buy, as far as I can see, most things on the bike are the original ones (I am not sure as to the saddle and as to the crank), which is important if you want to resell it for a good price.

As to what it is worth, it of course very much on the condition of the frame and the single (original) parts, in Germany, you might sell it between GBP 350 and 600 in a very good state. If the state is not really good or "original" but if it's technically ok, you might get between GBP 150 and 300.

So, I hope you will go for a couple of rides with the Veneto and it will convince you to keep it ;-)

Best regards

Jörg

Top Bottom