Ping Colin - KFC hot wings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Good post thanks

My daily diet is now

5 x baked ( low fat 90 cals). Crisps . 450 cals

1 x reggae reggae cashew nuts, 500 cals

1 x biggest loser meal bar, 200 cals

2-3 glasses of fresh orange

That's yer lot

When do you eat these items, what's your habit?

If after all of the excellent advice you're receiving, it's still spicy wings (and not home made) that you fancy, get yesen to Nando.

nom
nom
nom

What would one suggest ?

Well if it's spicy wings you want they do do them! They do chicken qtrs, halves or a whole one too. Boneless breast too (imho, it is better on the bone).

My standard order is: half chicken, extra hot, chips and corn OR half chicken extra hot and Mediterranean salad (and a glass of pinotage, thank you :biggrin: ).

Depending on how spicy you want it they go from "lemon and herb" up to "extra hot". Extra Hot is my preference but err on the side of caution until you know your taste (extra hot is v.v.v.v. hot). You can always add a bit of dipping sauce if you want to pep it up.

They do a roulette of wings too - some of each heat but no indication which is which. That can be fun if you're with a group of friends.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The bar at work either breakfast or normally lunch

The rest in the evening once I'm home 530 ish

OK.
So, we need a proper brekkie? At work or at home?
We need a proper lunch?
We need a proper evening 'meal'?

We need things to substitute 4 bags low fat crisps. (btw, what brand do you eat, I should try some).

What cooking/storage facilities do you have access too.
What stores are handy?
Do you like preparing food?
Do you have any cookbooks?

Sorry Gaz it's a lot of questions, I'm just trying to figure a workable one-step-at-a-time strategy here.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Dans dal.

1 onion
Half a head of garlic
One tablespoon curry paste
Pint of dry lentils.
Half a tin of chopped tomatoes

Boil lentils in 2 1/2 pints of unsalted water for 30 mins. Skim off the scum- its rank.
Leave to sit after cooking while you fry the onions and chopped garlic in a teaspoon of veg oil, stirring occasionally until they lose their colour.

Add the curry paste to the onion/garlic mix. Fry off for two mins.

Add toms. Fry off for two mins.

Add cooked lentils. Bring the lot to the boil and turn down to simmer for ten mins.

Scoff. Maybe with a couple of packet chapattis.

Feel smugly fed.

I'll do you a frozen pack if you want- I've got tons in the freezer.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
OK.
So, we need a proper brekkie? At work or at home? Yup
We need a proper lunch? Yup
We need a proper evening 'meal'? Yup

We need things to substitute 4 bags low fat crisps. (btw, what brand do you eat, I should try some). Asda own brand right now, ready salted

What cooking/storage facilities do you have access too. its not great TBH
What stores are handy? Many
Do you like preparing food? NEVER have done TBH
Do you have any cookbooks? Nop

Sorry Gaz it's a lot of questions, I'm just trying to figure a workable one-step-at-a-time strategy here.

Well, they are all answered, not sure it will help tho LOL

Gaz

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Second FF's post about cooking your own spicy chicken breast. Do you cook or would your misses do that for you. Might be good for you to cook it then you will see what goes into it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My daily diet is now

5 x baked ( low fat 90 cals). Crisps . 450 cals

1 x reggae reggae cashew nuts, 500 cals

1 x biggest loser meal bar, 200 cals

2-3 glasses of fresh orange

That's yer lot
I'm going to try and scare you now Gaz, in case your doctor hasn't already ...!

Let's assume about 150 calories per glass of orange juice. That means your daily intake is about 1,600 calories. That's way below what a man of your height and build needs to maintain his weight, even without the cycling.

Okay, you say that you have an underactive thyroid gland, so your metabolism may be pretty sluggish, but you are tearing about on your bike most days using up quite a lot of calories. I reckon that means that you are effectively still on a crash diet. We discussed that a couple of weeks ago. You are going to end up very underweight.

Okay, it's how you lost 27-odd stone of fat, but you don't now have great masses of fat to lose, so the missing calories have to come from somewhere else - and that somewhere else is muscle tissue. Your body will effectively start digesting your muscles. That is the body's defence mechanism when faced with starvation. The muscle calories keep you going, and the decrease in the amount of muscle lowers your metabolic rate so you don't need so many calories to stay alive.

Now the really scary thing is ... what is your heart? Yep, it's a muscle and one that you can ill afford to digest, but that's what you could be facing a few months down the line.

Don't take my word for it - I know LIVESTRONG is important to you, well, read this page!

The Livestrong article said:
Health Risks

Crash diets pose very serious risks to heart health, increase your chances of becoming dehydrated and weaken your immune system. Continual crash dieting increases the risk of morbidity and the risk of permanent damage like heart muscle loss, damaged blood vessels, atherosclerosis and several other types of heart conditions. Furthermore, crash dieting can be detrimental to your mental and emotional health and can lead to a life-threatening eating disorder.

You need to stop losing weight now, and that means that you need to get your daily calorie intake up. It is woefully inadequate. I know that you are trying to eat new types of food, but in the mean time, please eat more of the things you already like!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Having worked in a KFC, I would say that the hot wings are not a good idea. There are (or were 6 years ago) only two ways of cooking the chicken at KFC.

The spicy items such as popcorn chicken, Zinger burgers, and hot wings, along with the crispy strips are deep fat fried using open fryers in sunflower oil (after tipping them out of a packet frozen)

The chicken (pieces, fillets and mini-fillets) is cooked in a deep fat pressure cooker which forces even more fat in.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Second FF's post about cooking your own spicy chicken breast. Do you cook or would your misses do that for you. Might be good for you to cook it then you will see what goes into it.
Fossy - Gaz has been living on Haribos, Doritos and chocolate for 27 years. As far as I can tell, he hasn't actually been eating any food at all, let alone cooking anything!

Top Bottom